I hate weekends

melaka
melaka Posts: 18
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
Weekends are hard for me. I'm usually at home editing papers or doing stuff around the house. My refrigerator just sits there and calls my name out all day. How am I not going to give in the temptation to graze? How do you do it?

While the work week, it's so easy. I'm WORKING, and I can't stop to eat in the middle of teaching a class. Weekends are my real challenge!

Any tips?

Replies

• Maybe getting out of the house while you're doing the mundane activities will keep you more focused.. Maybe edit the papers at the library? That way you can people watch or read a book when you need a break, rather than go to the fridge.. And keep busy the rest of the day! If you need some time to relax, I'd watch a great movie you can't pause, while eating some healthy snacks like fruits or veggies! Hope that helps! I had to try the same things while studying when I was a student.
  • Runlily
    Runlily Posts: 10
    I have the opposite problem, I work at home, so there are so many temptations! The first week working from home, I gained 5 lbs. eating eating eating.

The trick is, out of site out of mind. Dont buy it, and you can't eat it.
    Have some friends over and have them clear out all the unwanted food. Replace with Almonds, oatmeal, dried fruit :)

What I do at the grocery market, is that I don't use a cart, and seldom a basket, So I can only buy what I can hold in my hands. It really limits you to only getting what is Absolutely necessary.

Out of site, out of mind. :)
  • melaka
    melaka Posts: 18
    I did just great last weekend! I stayed within my food budget and had some left over~!

Just following up on this :) Wish me luck for next weekend!
This discussion has been closed.