Diary of a Complusive Overeater - Day 41

ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
so yesterday went not bad... i had a food hangover for most of the day, so honeslty, i didn't eat that much... here is how it went:

breakfast:
left over sausage
1 glass of milk

lunch:
went out with a friend, had a cheese burger and fries

snack: 5 chocolate wafer cookies (the low fat ones that taste like cardboard)
1 glass of milk

supper:
1/2 cup rice
1/2 cup chili

so ya... a weird day for me. in the morning i was not hungry.... went for a not so healthy lunch, and then in the evening, i was not hungry again.

i weighed myself this morning, and saw a loss... so according to MFP i'm down 23 pounds. i'm going to take this with a grain of salt, becasue the weigh-in last week was the morning after a binge, and this weigh in was the morning after not eating a whole lot. i'm not going to get too excited.

so today is my prep day for going into surgery. i have alot of low acid, light fare on the menu for today so that i have a smooth time digesting adn little complication going under anaesthesia. here is the plan for today. keep in mind that i have food in the fridge that i have to use up today. i'm not going to be home for a week.

breakfast:
2 eggs
1 tsp becel
2 slices multigrain toast
1 small yogurt
(i'm starting to like eggs... i mush them up on my toast. yummy)

snack:
1 yogurt
mini carrots
100 g of lean ham

lunch:
1 cup of chili
1 cup of basmati rice
2 cups of tossed salad with tomatoes and cucumbers
2 tbsp of calorie reduced dressing

snack:
100 cal pack of cookies
1 apple sauce
100g of lean ham

supper:
2 eggs
2 pieces of multigrain toast
1tsp of becel

no eating after 10pm tonight.

since i am not going to be able to eat for a week lol.. i was thinking of having a big blowout dinner, like a steak or something, but apparently this is really bad since it wont have time to fully digest before the surgery. so i picked something healthy that uses up everything in my fridge.

over the weekend i was doing some research into weight watchers, and started to develop some eating plans and menus based on the core foods list. this reminds me alot of "clean eating" which i have tried before with alot of success. next saturday, if i am back in town by then, i am going to sign up for it. i've talked to a few people and they said one of the most important things about WW is the meetings...i'll give it a try... it can't hurt, right? and, looking at the foods i get to eat, it;s all stuff i enjoy, and at the same time it will not allow me to eat any of my "trigger foods" which will be a big step, but a big bonus.

i'm looking forward to today... it seems like my bad weekend is behind me, i have a week of eating pureed food ahead of me, and i have a plan for the future.

also, after today i wont be journalling until probably saturday because my food intake will not be normal.

breakfast:
cream of wheat

lunch:
cream of wheat

supper:
just to mix things up... oatmeal

lol. thanks for all of your support and i'll be reading and replying to MFP while i'm gone and i look forward to hearing from all of you.

L

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    so yesterday went not bad... i had a food hangover for most of the day, so honeslty, i didn't eat that much... here is how it went:

breakfast:
    left over sausage
    1 glass of milk

lunch:
    went out with a friend, had a cheese burger and fries

snack: 5 chocolate wafer cookies (the low fat ones that taste like cardboard)
    1 glass of milk

supper:
    1/2 cup rice
    1/2 cup chili

so ya... a weird day for me. in the morning i was not hungry.... went for a not so healthy lunch, and then in the evening, i was not hungry again.

i weighed myself this morning, and saw a loss... so according to MFP i'm down 23 pounds. i'm going to take this with a grain of salt, becasue the weigh-in last week was the morning after a binge, and this weigh in was the morning after not eating a whole lot. i'm not going to get too excited.

so today is my prep day for going into surgery. i have alot of low acid, light fare on the menu for today so that i have a smooth time digesting adn little complication going under anaesthesia. here is the plan for today. keep in mind that i have food in the fridge that i have to use up today. i'm not going to be home for a week.

breakfast:
    2 eggs
    1 tsp becel
    2 slices multigrain toast
    1 small yogurt
    (i'm starting to like eggs... i mush them up on my toast. yummy)

snack:
    1 yogurt
    mini carrots
    100 g of lean ham

lunch:
    1 cup of chili
    1 cup of basmati rice

snack:
    100 cal pack of cookies
    1 apple sauce
    100g of lean ham

supper:
    2 eggs
    2 pieces of multigrain toast
    1tsp of becel

no eating after 10pm tonight.

since i am not going to be able to eat for a week lol.. i was thinking of having a big blowout dinner, like a steak or something, but apparently this is really bad since it wont have time to fully digest before the surgery. so i picked something healthy that uses up everything in my fridge.

over the weekend i was doing some research into weight watchers, and started to develop some eating plans and menus based on the core foods list. this reminds me alot of "clean eating" which i have tried before with alot of success. next saturday, if i am back in town by then, i am going to sign up for it. i've talked to a few people and they said one of the most important things about WW is the meetings...i'll give it a try... it can't hurt, right? and, looking at the foods i get to eat, it;s all stuff i enjoy, and at the same time it will not allow me to eat any of my "trigger foods" which will be a big step, but a big bonus.

i'm looking forward to today... it seems like my bad weekend is behind me, i have a week of eating pureed food ahead of me, and i have a plan for the future.

also, after today i wont be journalling until probably saturday because my food intake will not be normal.

breakfast:
    cream of wheat

lunch:
    cream of wheat

supper:
    just to mix things up... oatmeal

lol. thanks for all of your support and i'll be reading and replying to MFP while i'm gone and i look forward to hearing from all of you.

L
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    If you're having your wisdom teeth pulled, hopefully it won't be too bad. I had mine pulled in college before they came through and messed up my orthodontic work. I was only sore for 36 hours or so and was eating solid food 2 days later. I ended up with a dry socket, but it wasn't the horrifying pain that everyone warned me about. My husband had it even better than I did.

Have a positive attitude, follow the doctor's directions, and get better soon!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    My son just had his wisdom teeth pulled last Monday. Good luck this week. Take it easy.:flowerforyou: