Guess what I can do. . .

Options
I can tie my shoes in the middle now, instead of putting my foot on my knee and tieing them on the side. I can cross my legs now, can't put my right foot behind my left calf yet, but it'll come. Funny I didn't realize what pound I gained that made me unable to do these things.

I feel a little better everyday. I've walked at least 2.5 miles everyday since April 6th, I've lost about 17 pounds. I sometimes overeat. . .but now it's only one meal, not three or four days of binge eating promising myself to start eating healthy again on Monday (I must have gained 100 pounds promising myself to start on Monday). This time I started on Sunday after a weekend in Busch Gardens.

If I can do this. . .anybody can. The hardest discipline you will ever learn or teach is self discpline. Think about all of the time and energy you give to your job, home, children, significant other, church etc. and revalutate what you do and do not have time for. Taking care of yourself is the single most important thing.

Have a great week everybody, one day at a time.

Replies

• cindyfaye
    cindyfaye Posts: 72
    Options
    I can tie my shoes in the middle now, instead of putting my foot on my knee and tieing them on the side. I can cross my legs now, can't put my right foot behind my left calf yet, but it'll come. Funny I didn't realize what pound I gained that made me unable to do these things.

I feel a little better everyday. I've walked at least 2.5 miles everyday since April 6th, I've lost about 17 pounds. I sometimes overeat. . .but now it's only one meal, not three or four days of binge eating promising myself to start eating healthy again on Monday (I must have gained 100 pounds promising myself to start on Monday). This time I started on Sunday after a weekend in Busch Gardens.

If I can do this. . .anybody can. The hardest discipline you will ever learn or teach is self discpline. Think about all of the time and energy you give to your job, home, children, significant other, church etc. and revalutate what you do and do not have time for. Taking care of yourself is the single most important thing.

Have a great week everybody, one day at a time.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS....:flowerforyou:
  • cindyfaye
    Options
    Thank you. I felt a little silly posting that, but if it gives someone a little of what I have, it's worth it.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hey that's awesome!

It's the little things that really make a difference!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    YAHOOOO
    Great...keep up the good work!!

Kim
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That's great! Guess what I can do? I can do the yoga pose where you lay on your back and put your feet up over your head and onto the floor behind you. When I tried to do that 20 lbs. ago I about strangled myself cause my fat made me not able to breathe. What can everyone else do now?:happy:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Zip my pants without jumping up and down :laugh:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Zip my pants without jumping up and down :laugh:

so true!:happy:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Congrats guys! I can cross my legs now too, without having to physically grab one leg and put it over the other one..lol I can wear a belt! All my pants are too big..what an awesome feeling that is considering I was literally CRAMMING myself into size 20's and now my 18's are falling down :bigsmile:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    WTG. I too gained about 10 lbs from bingeing on the weekend b4 big Monday.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    awww fatsis! Why did u do that? Shame on you..lol j/k I'm sure whatever u gained will come back off quickly :)
  • cindyfaye
    Options
    I'm a little sore. . .LOL, but I can kayak too, boat was in the water yesterday.
  • thisisforme
    thisisforme Posts: 28
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    I am so proud of you! I can't wait to be able to trim my toe nails without holding my breath...

Trish

:smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I know it's a wonderful feeling to be able to tie your shoes in the middle instead of on the side. That used to be me too. Keep of the good work and pat yourself on the back. :flowerforyou:
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    WTG. I too gained about 10 lbs from bingeing on the weekend b4 big Monday.

Prob mostly water - it's okay!

No way you ate thirty five thousand calories!!

I can fit into my cute khaki shorts!!

(too bad my spilly muffin top doesn't tuck in them he he)