Ate good & worked out=gained weight.

Options
I ate under my calories and worked out hard all week. 2 hour boot camp last night, TRX, kettle bell, ect 5 days this week and I gain half a pound. I am highly demotivated and need someones positive energy. Has anyone had this happen to them?

Replies

• nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely. It sounds like you're gaining muscle. Take your measurements and keep a track of that as well as weight. You may find that even if the scale isn't reflecting a loss your clothes are fitting better!

Don't lose heart. Just remember the great feeling after a super workout and think of the long term results and don't let the scale rule you. Maybe don't weigh in for a couple of weeks but keep up your training and I bet you see great results!
  • james3302
    james3302 Posts: 119
    Options
    Take measurements on your body, then you can compare to see if you have lost inches.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You more than likely did not gain muscle that quickly. I'm 99% sure it's water. When you work out like that, your muscles retain lots of water. This happens to me nearly every week. Drink lots of water, give your muscles a rest and it will come off. Don't get discouraged b/c you know there is no way you could have actually gained a half a pound, and honestly a half a pound is nothing. Don't stress, that doesn't help!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    yes alot. as other said take measurements. I lost inches and clothes feel less tight. I also have more energy. alot of people focus on the scale number. don't. look for other things. keep it up!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Nam14UK nailed it. Keep measurements! Keep doing what you are doing. Don't forget sometimes we all retain a little extra water weight when it is not desired. Stick with it and it will prove in the long run.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If this workout routine is something that you have just started, then it is probably just water weight. When you start a new exercise program, your muscles tend to retain a bit of extra water to help repair themselves. Don't worry, it's only temporary and should disappear after a week or two.
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    You could be retaining water as your muscles adjust to your new activity level. After my day off exercise the scale showed a 1.6 pound loss. I think it is water related.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    You more than likely did not gain muscle that quickly. I'm 99% sure it's water. When you work out like that, your muscles retain lots of water. This happens to me nearly every week. Drink lots of water, give your muscles a rest and it will come off. Don't get discouraged b/c you know there is no way you could have actually gained a half a pound, and honestly a half a pound is nothing. Don't stress, that doesn't help!

Ditto this answer. Don't quit! :noway: Keep on going :flowerforyou:
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Definately water... When I have a hard workout week I retain water like crazy.... then the next week I usually lose like 3 lbs. Just keep at it... it will pay off.