Hi

Options
I joined this site right before Xmas and think it is great. This is my first posting.

I am 62 ryear old retired grandmother Bad knees and obsity runs in my family and I am really beginning to feel it. I simply want to do get to a point that I can start walking and hiking again. I love to travel and need to be able to walk distances if I am really going to be able to enjoy myself. Right now my goal is 40 pounds. When I get there, I will look at the remaining 60 pounds I need to off.

I have four grandchildren, one 14th, one 16th and two 19th's. We do a lot together and I really enjoy trips with them.

My plan is to get 5 hours exercise a week and keep my calories intake in the range of 1600 to 1800 a day. I don't really have a diet plan. Just shift to raw fruits and vegatables and trying to cut fried food and fast food.

I am looking forward to better weather. I like to walk outdoors but this time of week most of my exercise is at the Y.

I am hoping to gain a couple of online pals who we can help encourage each other in our endeavors.

Here's to a great and profitable year!!!!!!!!

Replies

• nurseheather13
    Options
    Hello mary! i am excited that you joined mfp to become a healthier you! I just joined a week ago. I have some pals on here that that have started before me and i know they would love to encourage you! I am going to request you as a pal so we can lift each other up through this! ggod luck to you and God Bless:)