zumba

Options
Hello, has anyone tried Zumba? My neighbour has asked me to join her at a zumba class and i don't know what i'm letting myself in for. I've seen the commercials on TV and it looks like it could be fun - not sure i have the coordination though.

Yasmin:smile:

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Only on the Wii. But let me tell you it is FUN, FUN, FUN! I bet it would be even more fun in a life class where you have that energy coming from everyone.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    I love Zumba and I'm not coordinated either!!! You will eventually catch on though after about 5 classes. It's an awesome workout and fun :laugh:
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have been to zumba many times and my friend Jacqui goes twice a week. It is quite a burn and lots of fun. Take lots and lots of water. You will sweat your butt off.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i flippin' love zumba!!! i take classes twice a week at my gym and it is the best work out ever. its so much fun :)
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I have gone to a class and absolutely loved it. I would love to go back to one but for schedule reasons, I have been able to. Anyway, I have about 100 pounds to lose and not necessarily the most coordinated person, but I was able to keep up. I may not have been doing the steps right but I was sweating and having fun, along with the rest of the people in the back with us. Enjoy it!
  • Brendalea
    Options
    I take a Zumba class at the Y on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I love it! Beats an hour on the treadmill!
  • flossicle
    Options
    I do 3 classes a week and i LOVE it, it's loadsa fun and a crackin cardio workout!
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Do it!!! Zumba is the best!! Burns a ton of calories and you don't have to know how to do it. You learn as you go and the more you do it the better you get and the more calories you burn! Latin fitness rocks!! I go 3 times a week and just got it for the Wii! Lot's of fun! You'll love it!!!!
  • kristibag81
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
  • LadyNay191
    Options
    I looove it! For me, I burn over 600 calories every class!
  • leubanks1
    Options
    I love it! Have been doing it for a year and lost 45lbs. You just have to go at your own pace and find the instructor for you. All instructors are different.
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Im on my way to Zumba in about a hour....its my second class but i got lucky and had one on one lesson last Saturday because no one showed up because it was New Years. You will catch on quick. I burned 550 calories last class.
  • asuegulley
    asuegulley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    zumba is Awesome! Its a great workout, with great music. The work out is fun~ does not seem like workout or excersise. Makes me feel good! Good Luck I hope you enjoy~ They also do different work outs so you are not doing the same routine all the time.
  • molina76853
    Options
    I love it and have the videos and do them at home. Lots of fun and seems as the time goes by quick.
  • YasminR
    YasminR Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone for all your responses. I can feel the enthusiasm for zumba as i read through your messages. My first class is next week - I'll let you know how i get on.

I have 46lbs to lose and am now the heaviest i have been in a very long time but confident that small changes will bring rewards.

much love

Yasmin xx