How has hypothyroidism???

Options
I have 1 month since my diagnostic and i need help for lose weight. Right now im doing p90x, but i cant do the complete cycle of each cd, because i get tired fast, im only can do 30min per day and thats ist frustrating because i want to lose weight..

Replies

• mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well, I have hypothyroidism, and let me tell you, I feel the frustration. First thing you should note though, is be sure to keep all your doctor appointments for blood work to adjust the meds... without proper medicine levels, you will not be able to lose the weight so well. Secondly, be sure to take the meds early in the morning, on an empty stomach, and do not eat for at least half an hour after. Some vitamins and nutrients in food (like vitamin d and calcium i believe) will counteract the meds, not allowing you to get the proper dosages. I have been dealing with the hypothyroid for quite some time, so I know it can be a pain. Good luck on your weight loss, I myself am just beginning this process to.
  • Totallydetermined
    Totallydetermined Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism, but with the tablets it shouldn't make any difference at all. You have only just been diagnosed so you may have a wait a little while (couple of months maybe) for your blood results to say your thyroid level is normal and then you should lose weight as though you don't have the disease. Make sure you have regular blood tests, insist on them if your doctor doesn't. What I will say is that when I have crash dieted it has drastically affected my hypothyroidism and I have ended up quite ill. So I strongly suggest you look after yourself really well.
    All the very best of luck to you.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and I understand getting tired. I lost my job, so I decided to make my health a number one priority. Yesterday I did 2 1/2 hours on the stationary bike, but not all at once. I do 1/2 an hour at a time, and sometimes take a nap after I reach 1 1/2 hours (only 35 to 45 minute nap). I wake up refreshed and ready to do some more. I used to be on a higher strength of synthroid, but either the doctor or the pharmacy screwed up, and for almost a year I was only getting 10% of what I needed. I discovered the problem, not them, when I went online and looked at a conversion chart. I was so mad. Went to my doctor and told him, he slowly increased my med. back up but not all the way to where I had been. Ever since then I have not had the energy I used to... very frustrating. However, I am determined to win the battle. You have to have a fighting spirit... I wish you lots of luck!!
  • LeAngeRose
    Options
    Yes, it definitely takes patience.... because it does seem to take a couple months for your blood levels to react to the thyroid supplement. If I stop taking my thyroxin I start to gain weight quickly, and then it takes time to get the levels back up so that I start loosing again. I know there are foods that are supposed to help with thyroid level maintenence, but I've never tried them out. It might be worth checking into while your body/doctors are still beginning to find the correct levels. You'll definitely want to get blood work done, especially at the follow up that your doctor likely scheduled, because he may find that he will want to adjust your thyroid medicine. Everyone's body reacts differently, so until they do the follow up blood test, they really can't be sure that the amount they gave you is appropriate for your body.

Good luck, you'll get there!
  • DanielleUK28
    DanielleUK28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism just over a year ago after three years of feeling exhausted. For those three years, I ate a very healthy diet and exercised frequently but still gradually put weight on. Since starting the medication, I have felt so much better and, since deciding to diet two weeks ago have lost four lbs. If you follow the calorie and exercise guidance for your body and goals you should be fine. You should have regular blood tests until your medication is at the right level, I have to have one a year now that my levels are stable.

Good luck! :smile:
  • Malalu
    Malalu Posts: 39
    Options
    Thank you!!!