I need some ideas for getting more protein

Options
2»

Replies

• lsiberian
    Options
    peanut butter oatmeal : 12g protein and 20g fat

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich : 12g protein and 10g fat

Italian goulash: 18g protein and 9g fat (made with 16oz elbow macaroni, 1 pound of ground turkey and 11oz tomato soup)

Meatloaf: 21g protein and 14g fat (the meatloaf is made with ground turkey instead of ground beef)

Those are all my foods that I've made with a good amount of protein and not so much fat.

everytime a meal calls for ground beef. I use ground turkey instead because it's a little bit cheaper and I really can't taste a huge difference after it is cooked.

Ground turkey nutrition facts (Jennie-O Groung Turkey (Gh) - Ground Turkey (50% Less Fat))

Calories 170 Sodium 80 mg
    Total Fat 13 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 3 g Total Carbs 0 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 19 g
    Cholesterol 110 mg
    Vitamin A 2% Calcium 8%
    Vitamin C 4% Iron 8%
    j

Check out 96/4 or 98/2 ground beef too. I have found 99/1 turkey, but it needs to be browned in a non stick pan first or cooked with olive oil.

I find 96/4 beef to be just right for lean hamburgers. Add 2 double fiber natures harvest bread, some fat free cheese whatever veggies you like and some fat free plain yogurt for the spread.
  • missiklee
    missiklee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone! It's actually much easier to get more protein than I thought but I'm definetly having to change up my regular snacks. I'll be adding Greek Yogurt for sure and skim milk.
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    I go with protein smoothies as well... I just tried today the MyoFusion in chocolate flavor and it was so good... Has 25g of protein ;)//