Bowflex se2 exercises

Options
How are you not burning calories by strenghth training? Any movement by the human body burns calories. This includes breathing!!!!! housework also is a form of exercise a lot not taken into consideration!!!

Replies

• leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Housework is in the database. Some times things are put under funny names, look up cleaning or vacuuming or something. There is an entry for strength training/weightlifting, also in the cardio data base. Because there are so many subjective elements to a strength training workout there's no accurate way to estimate a generic calorie burn. Add in the after burn, and it gets even more complicated. Its better to log calories burned via cardio and track your strength training progress with the tool given, which is why it was set up that way on the site. Hope that helps.
  • BobL436
    BobL436 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a bowflex (Ultimate Gym), I have used a HRM and have shown calorie burns of 650-700 for 45 minutes of vigorous non-stop weight training. MFP for some reason does not account for calories burned in strength training.....so I added Bowflex in the cardio section to keep track of the calories. Hope this helps....

I believe housework is in there in the cardio section......
  • Charise317
    Charise317 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the info . I am an an emt and some of this just isn't adding up . my job requires me to be in good shap but I am going for great so your input is greatly apprciated!!!!!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Are you adding Strength Training to your Cardio work out? That's the only way MFP counts it.
  • Charise317
    Charise317 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No I do alternate days six days a week. i guess on the days i do strength trainingi wil just eat the alloted calories!!!!