Just joined the Y

Queenlioness
Queenlioness Posts: 10
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello, I just joined the Y after being at Gold's Gym for a couple of months. Not too sure what exercises I should start out with. Any advice? I can't swim at all so swimming is out.

Replies

• If they offer a Zumba class....definitely try that ... you will love it!!!!! I take two classes a week. Mondays and Wednesdays and would do it 5 days a week if it was offered.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Hello, I just joined the Y after being at Gold's Gym for a couple of months. Not too sure what exercises I should start out with. Any advice? I can't swim at all so swimming is out.
    If you don't swim laps, you can take water aerobics, many of their other classes offered, row machines, various other cardio machines, spin classes, weight room, circuit classes.. the sky is the limit. If other Y's are the same they offer you quite a bit of one on one time to help you get acquainted with their equipment and classes. Definitely take advantage of any that is offered!:flowerforyou:
  • awww unfortunately no Zumba classes yet are offered. :sad: i wanna try it so bad
  • also a cardio blast class would be good.
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    At my local Y they offer Zumba (love it!!), a cardiokickingboxing (love it too!) and a boot camp (total body conditioning) that kicks your butt! The only problem is that my schedule does nor match the classes most of the days so I swim. My local Y also offer a free welness/fitness section with a personal trainer, it may help you to create a routine based on your schedule.
  • Yes Juliana1977, they do have that free wellness class i got on Friday night.. I asked them about Zumba and they might get after March but not too sure. I know they have bootcamp so i might try that
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Yes Juliana1977, they do have that free wellness class i got on Friday night.. I asked them about Zumba and they might get after March but not too sure. I know they have bootcamp so i might try that

Boot camp is very good, be prepared to get your butt kicked!! lol!!
This discussion has been closed.