How long did it take to lose baby weight?

Options
I just want to know how long it took to lose baby weight. For me I'm struggling a bit because before my pregnancy, I hardly ever worked out and I hardly ever had "healthy" meals.

I'm stuck at 160 right now and it's killing me! Hopefully when I go back to work the weight will start to go away, since I'm fairly active there.

Around the house just isn't cutting it anymore...

Replies

• BeGreat25
    Options
    Yeah if you look at my profile I had the same thing going....It took me 6 years to finally try and lose the baby fat. So as long as you keep working at it you'll get there. But you gotta work hard.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time losing weight after my daughter was born, even though I was eating well and exercising. After my son was born in April I lost 15 pounds in the first few weeks and then lost another 10 pounds once I started exercising. After I started here I lost the rest and now I'm 5 pounds away from my pre-chidren weight.

So, for the baby weight from my son it took about 6-7 months, for the weight from my daughter it's taken 26 months to within 5 pounds.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I struggled a lot with losing my baby weight because pre-pregnancy, I never had to workout or "eat right", I was just 'blessed'. I didn't even know where to begin, or how to stay on track in the beginning. August of 2010 was when I started my journey here and it's the only thing that has worked so far. I kept my baby weight on for nearly 2 years (my twins turned 2 in November) because I didn't have the slightest clue how to "eat right" or workout. Now that i'm on that track, it's been coming off wonderfully.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It took me about a year to lose my baby weight. but even though I'm back at the weight before, my body has changed. everything still isn't firm. I'm glad to be back to my pre-kids weight. but I was slightly overweight when I got pregnant. at the time, I didn't think so. I thought I was average. but now my focus is to lose even more. I want to be a hot mama!
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Although, working hard at it, I'm not used to it, but, I am determined to lose this weight! I may have to get a gym membership, to step it up.

At least there I'll be motivated to actually work out harder.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My Daughter is 14 months now....I weigh 162 now the day I gave birth I was 206lbs ( i hate even typing that!!) I lost about 25-30lbs in the first like 3 months....the rest has been a struggle to get off......Although I think I was around 165 when I got pregnant so it didnt take too long....but now I am trying to get back to my pre-college weight LOL
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    The day I gave birth I was 189 or so (YIKES) Before pregnancy I was holding strong at 115 to 120. I miss it dearly.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    It took me about a year to lose my baby weight. but even though I'm back at the weight before, my body has changed. everything still isn't firm. I'm glad to be back to my pre-kids weight. but I was slightly overweight when I got pregnant. at the time, I didn't think so. I thought I was average. but now my focus is to lose even more. I want to be a hot mama!

SAME!! i'm 10lbs lighter than i was before having my twins but because of how much my body has changed, it doesn't look that way. BOOO lol
  • asm12707
    Options
    I am here to loose my baby fat too. I just had a baby girl on 11/2/10 but i lost all that weight, i am having trouble loosing the weight from my 1st born from three yrs ago. Thanks for the motivation, its hard to find time for myself with the kids and my hubby, and work .
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My Daughter is 14 months now....I weigh 162 now the day I gave birth I was 206lbs ( i hate even typing that!!) I lost about 25-30lbs in the first like 3 months....the rest has been a struggle to get off......Although I think I was around 165 when I got pregnant so it didnt take too long....but now I am trying to get back to my pre-college weight LOL

Don't feel too bad. I was 203 when I gave birth to my daughter and about 210 when I had my son. :( I'm hoping to lose at leas 15 pounds by the time I get pregnant again (around April) so I can maybe avoid gestational diabetes (had it with my son) and can stay under the 200s!
  • asm12707
    Options
    i gained 40lbs when i got pregnant with my 1st born, then i lost all the weight . the day after i had him i weighed back to my normal weight, and then i got anemia and to avoid a blood transfusion i started eating alot so i could get iron. i gained alot of weight. Now with my second born i only gained 20lbs during pregnancy, and lost it all the week after she was born. Now i am on a mission to loose the weight lingering from my 1st. I am happy to hear your story, please keep my updated. :smile: