Feeling Hungry

Options
I am just starting to workout again and on the days I do workout I am STARVING!!!
My eating habits aren't the best....skipping breakfast....no snacks....by the time I get home (before dinner) from working out I just am so hungry.

My workouts are not super intense... just 60 minutes of good paced, varying incline treadmill work, since I am just starting to workout again and at the heaviest I have been in a long time.

With my job I don't have much time to sneak in snacks, I barely have time to sneak in water breaks most days.
So, what can I do to curb my appetite and not blow my calories everyday.

Replies

• corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    You gotta have breakfast, lunch, and dinner and snacks in between. That's the only way to not be starving, especially if you're now working out, your body needs those good calories. I eat kashi lean berry crunch for breakfast and it keeps me full for hours because of all the fiber and protien. I also have the kashi snack bars for the same reason. Also a warm cup of decaf tea can help curb cravings so you don't over eat. You gotta make time for water breaks and proper eating or you're setting yourself up to fail. Good luck and I hope that helps some.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I would start with eating breakfast, something with protein and fiber. Is there any way you could have a protein shake at some point between lunch and dinner? I know when I don't eat enough during the day I snack all night long.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to eat! Your body needs the fuel. Going long periods without food doesn't burn calories, it just makes the body store fat. You have to eat breakfast to get your metabolism going, and you need to eat your exercise calories as well. And, drinking lots of water is a must. I don't know what kind of work you do but keep a sports bottle of water with you. Many hold 24oz, the same as 3 glasses of water. If you can take small drinks from it you'll get the amount of water you need without even realizing it.
  • IDGirl25
    Options
    I am a Daycare supervisor and a High School teacher.
    Which means I am usually running around like a chicken with my head cut off from 7:45 AM til at least 3:15 PM.
    Breakfast tends to make me a little queasy... but I pack a yogurt, unfortunately if I don't FORCE myself to eat that right off the bat when I walk in, I don't get to it until my lunch.
    Snacks have been difficult to wedge in due to limited time in the daycare before lunch, but an afternoon snack before I work out should be easy to work in since I have a break between 3:15 PM when school is out to 4:00 PM, when I work out.

I have some places to keep snacks, my office and a fridge in the faculty lounge (that is rarely used).
    I just struggle with figuring out easy, delicious snacks that have that filling quality and require little prep and cleanup.