Natural Detoxes?

Options
Hey all- I am curious to know what kinds of natural detoxes people do and thought I'd start by sharing a few of my own. These things always make me feel so good and I am always looking for more ideas.:smile:

1. Sip on a cup of hot water with 1/4 lemon and 2 pinches of cayenne first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach). I sometimes do this at night too, just because I love it.

2. Use a 'dry brush' to massage your entire body before getting into the shower. Use a circular motion and work towards the heart. Then shower or bathe. It facilitates circulation and toxic elimination throught the skin. (I personally do this before taking an epsom salt bath- which is another detox in itself. I use epsom salts to soothe, relax, and detox. After using a dry brush then taking an epsom salt bath, my skin feels so good, and I am so relaxed (makes me sleep very well).

3. I love to visit the spa every once in a while and use their infrared sauna (wish I had my own!) You have to stay well hydrated and make sure you don't go over the max time specified by the sauna, but it's so refreshing.

I have several more that I love, but I'd like to see what others people have first!

Replies

• ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I was sick over Christmas time and was drinking a lot of coffee to make my throat feel better. After a few days I woke up with the start of a bad kidney infection (I could barely stand up straight my kidneys hurt so much). So I had to do a quick detox, while also finding something else for my throat.... So I drank cranberry juice with whiskey and sprite for about 3 days straight. I guess not the best considering that alcohol is a toxin, and high fructose corn syrup isn't that great either, but it got the caffeine out of my system quick and I didn't have to live through 2 weeks of headaches and body aches like the last time I quit caffeine.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    For healthy people, just eating fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, drinking plenty of water and avoiding added sugars and high amounts of sodium is all you need. Eat organic and avoid processed food and your body won't need to "detox".
  • smilestb99
    Options
    I agree that eating healthy foods are forms of natural detox, however, not everyone eats 100% clean, and there are several other environmental surroundings that are harmful to the body, such as the air we breathe, cleaning products, toiletries, etc. Honestly, I don't do things as a detox because I feel I 'need' to, I do them, because they make me feel good and are relaxing. Exercise is another natural detox for the body, other than eating healthy. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it-
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the sauna thing yet but I def will - the others i have tried and loved : )
  • smilestb99
    Options
    It feels wonderful! I always feel so refreshed after.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Also, milk thistle is a great liver detox.
  • Emi_chan
    Emi_chan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried these but I've heard glowing reviews on the Amazing Liver Cleanse by Andreas Moritz and the Colosan brand for the colon cleanse.
  • yogalotusadg
    Options
    I've tried the master cleanse which I love (but it is very difficult to not eat solid food), but I can never make it the 30 days. i average an lb a day when i do it tho so it's a great jump start to a diet. i just make sure i get atleast 1200 cal a day when i do it because it's terrible to have to deal with eating solid food again if you've messed with your metab.