Scranton to NYC with Love - Week 2

TaraMaria
TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
TimesSqKiss.jpg

Week Two of our get off the couch and move Valentine's Day challenge!

For those who want to jump in, here is a little info! This challenge is inspired by one of my favorite sitcom couples: Jim and Pam from the office! They are just so adorable! So we are starting off in Scranton, Pennsylvania and heading to NYC: The closest romantic spot on earth! Time square! Central Park! Empire State Building! Boy, we have a lot of touring to do when we get there!

So its 120 miles from Scranton to NYC. The goal is to move 120 miles. Run, walk, jog, elliptical, swim, whatever your preference! As long as its you moving your body: It counts! We are keeping track daily whenever we log miles on MFP. Just check in with the thread! Here's an example of how to check in:

Goal: 120 miles

Mon: 3.5 Miles (Running)
Tue: 0
Wed: 5.0 Miles (Elliptical)

Total for week: 8.5
Complete Total:
Left to go: 111.5

If you want a ticker for your signature just go to tickerfactory.com and they will be listed under fitness and exercise. Once you've created it you can copy the code, come back to MFP, click on signature right up top where it says "Home, Recent Posts, My Topics, Signature..." and then paste said code in there!!

Replies

• Great idea. :) I only put in 1.3 today ha and I hardly every use machines.....too many miles for me lol
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Sat: 2.0 (c25k)
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:

Total for week: 2.0
    Complete Total: 8.5
    Left to go: 111
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Hi! I didn't get my week 1 posted before...

Goal: 120 miles

Sat: 2.2 miles (Elliptical)
    Sun: 4.3 (Elliptical)
    Mon: 2 (Shoveling Snow)
    Tue: 6.8 (Shoe Shoeing & Elliptical)
    Wed: 5 (Elliptical & Shoveling Snow)
    Thurs: 0 (Chopped Wood)
    Fri: 8.9 (Walking & Elliptical)

Total for week: 29.2 miles
    Left to go: 90.8 miles

Keep up the great work! We're covering a lot of miles!
    Now I'm going to try to figure out the ticker =).
  • TaraMaria
    Complete from last week: 12 Miles

Sat: 1.75 (Run)
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:

Total for week: 1.75
    Complete Total: 13.75
    Left to go: 106.25

Feeling under the weather today due to my three year old graciously sharing his flu. So I am pretty bummed about not meeting my goals today or yesterday. But I keep thinking maybe I will hop on treadmill later! Then again, I may not push it so I can recover faster! :o)
  • Sat: 2 (walking)
    Sun: 0
    Mon: 3 (C25K and walking)
    Tues: 2.25 (walking)
    Wed: 3.25 (C25K and walking)
    Thurs: 3.25 (walking)
    Fri: 3.25 (C25K and walking)
    Total for week 1: 17

Sat: 2 (walking)
    Total for week: 2

19 total miles and 101 miles to go!!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Total from Week 1: 31.98

Sat: 0
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:

Total for week 2: 0
    Complete Total: 31.98
    Left to go: 88.02
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    QUOTE:

O.K. I will do this. Starting with Saturday, Janurary 1st.

Sat-1/1/11- 3.9 miles- run
    Sun-1/2/11- 33 miles- spin
    Mon-
    Tues-
    Wed-1/5/11-21 miles, spin
    Thurs-
    Fri-1/7/11-3 miles, run

Weekly Total-60.9 (week 1)

Sat-1/8/11 Elvis's birthday(Thank you-Thank you very much!) 4 miles-run
  • Would love to join sounds great fun.

Last week:
    Sat: 0
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri: 4

Weekly Total - 4
    Complete total: 4
    To go: 116
  • How do we translate other activities into miles? I really want to participate in this challenge, but I am NOT a runner. I will a couple times a week, MAYBE, but even then it is only a mile or 2. I don't do much of the elliptical but I do enjoy spinning. Are there other activities that I can change into miles??
  • For now I will start with this week... since I as completely out of the loop last week and didn't do anything in mileage.... I will do my best to get to 120miles..... EEK! ;)

Sat 1/8: 1.5 (Run/ walk)
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:

Total: 1.5
    Remaining: 118.5
    Even if I just make a dent! That will make a huge difference in my MOVEMENT! HaHa!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,516 Member
    Week 1 Total: 26.65

Sat: 0--did Jillian Michaels Shred--good workout, but no mileage.
    Sun:
    Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri: 4

Week 2 Total - 0
    Complete total: 33.9
    Miles to go: 86.1
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Missed the link to the new thread! Just posted in the old one!

Previous total: 23

Sunday: rest
    Monday:
    Tuesday:
    Wednesday:
    Thursday:
    Friday:
    Saturday:

Weekly total:
    Grand total: 23

It's "rest day" in my running schedule but I may do "Shred It With Weights" since I just got it in from Netflix and want to try it.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Previous total: 7.5

Sun:
    Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:
    Sat:

Weekly total:
    Grand total: 7.5

I was slacking last week, planning on getting as close to 20 miles in as I can this week :glasses:
  • Are we logging in each day on here and posting that days miles? Or are we just doing the full week?
  • TaraMaria
    Are we logging in each day on here and posting that days miles? Or are we just doing the full week?

Whatever suits your fancy my dear! I personally will log whenever I have miles to log because I enjoy checking it off each day. A lot of other people are doing the same! :o) Its fun to see how far we are all coming! And we get to chit chat more that way!
  • TaraMaria
    How do we translate other activities into miles? I really want to participate in this challenge, but I am NOT a runner. I will a couple times a week, MAYBE, but even then it is only a mile or 2. I don't do much of the elliptical but I do enjoy spinning. Are there other activities that I can change into miles??

I have never taken a spinning class and I'm not much for biking but I would assume that exercise bikes have some sort of a tachometer that keeps track of miles just like a treadmill or elliptical. Mr. Milo spins and he is doing this challenge. Maybe he can weigh in on this? :o)
  • Tara, I meant nonmileage related activities... I know where get my miles on a spin bike :) But the reason I asked about the other was because I saw someone above count shoveling snow or something? I am going to shoot for as many miles as I can in actual mileage activities and either way, it's better than I WAS doing in cardio. I do so much circuit training usually that I forget to get in some basic cardio. ;)
  • Are we logging in each day on here and posting that days miles? Or are we just doing the full week?

Whatever suits your fancy my dear! I personally will log whenever I have miles to log because I enjoy checking it off each day. A lot of other people are doing the same! :o) Its fun to see how far we are all coming! And we get to chit chat more that way!
    I just wanted to make sure before a posted AGAIN! haha it would be easier for me to keep track if I do it each day.
  • TaraMaria
    Complete from last week: 12 Miles

Sat: 1.75 (Run)
    Sun: 3.25 (Run)
    Mon:
    Tue:
    Wed:
    Thur:
    Fri:

Total for week: 5
    Complete Total: 17