Ready, Set . . .GO!

Options
Found out about this site from my boss back in Oct--and KINDA started then, but didn't last long--guess I wasn't ready. So, after eating lots of bad food for the holidays and gaining another 6 pounds, I made the decision to take care of myself and set a good example for my kids by eating well and exercising. Made it to the gym 4 time this week and lost 3 pounds since I started on Jan 3! Fridays are my indulge days--to eat a little of the bad stuff (do you think I'd never eat chocoate or Doritos ever again--too unrealistic) even if I go over my calories a little--and I still track them. What an eye opener to see what you unconsciously put in your mouth when you're not keeping track! Then it's right back on track the other 6 six days and I don't feel deprived at all.

Soooo, on that note--hello to all of you and I wish ALL of us a healthy, happy 2011

Replies

• chrfuc47
    Options
    Congrats on losing 3 lbs! I have been using this site for 3 weeks and think it a true lifesaver. I keep track of my cholesterol, sodium intake and all the fat calories eat. It has made me make several adjustments to my bad eating habits. To a life change in 2011. Good Luck!
  • PediNurse67
    PediNurse67 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Happy new year :smile: good Luck & welcome back. Stay committed & log everything, even on a bad day. It definitely puts things into perspective.
  • zaizix
    zaizix Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Your Friday idea sounds great =) At the moment I allow myself one 'naughty' day.. but that can easily turn into 2.. or 3.. =(
    From now on its going to just be Fridays! Thank you for the brilliant idea - good luck on your goals too!! =)
    Your motivation inspires me!
    xx
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much--and here's to all of us here getting healthy in 2011 and beyond!:happy: