Confused About Calorie Goals. Help!

CLH00
CLH00 Posts: 15
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
I seem to always be under my calorie goal. I find it hard to reach it, if I'm honest, because I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit.

Is that a bad thing?

Replies

• Maidei
    Maidei Posts: 114 Member
    It's never a bad thing to eat lots of fruits and veggies. Maybe try eating more whole grain foods. They have a lot of good/healthy calories, plus they are filling. Eating more protein rich foods as well. Till you get above the 1,200 mark or reach your calorie goal.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    What's your calorie goal, and how much under are you from it?

If it's 1200 calories and you're consistently under it, you should eat more.
  • CLH00
    CLH00 Posts: 15
    It's 1620. I usually hit around 1200.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Less is not necessarily better in terms of calorie intake and weight loss. Your body requires a minimum amount of calories for the organs to operate, everything you actually DO all day is on top of that minimum. You don't want to deprive your body of the necessary nutrients or you may begin to feel unwell, be tired, and your weight loss may plateau. In addition, eventually the hormones that regulate appetite may rebel and you might binge, undoing all the good you've done. So add a few calorie dense foods to your diet, some olive oil, peanut butter, cheese...get those calories up.
This discussion has been closed.