The muffin Top

Options
So heres my question, I have lost 16 pounds and I can definately tell, but I still have a squishy mid-section with some muffin top. Whats going to help with this?

Replies

• garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    If someone knows I want the answer too! I have lost 34 pounds and if I wear jeans that fit (not tight/skinny), I get a muffin top, but if I go any bigger they literally fall off. I just keep exercising in the hopes that this is just the last place I lose from. I have lost inches above it and below it, but not too much at it! i still have another 50-ish pounds to go, so I am sure it eventually will shrink. sigh...
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Toning, water to keep your skin hydrated and continued weight loss should all help reduce it. My midsection is kinda squishy now too, as I've finally been losing weight off hips and butt. Your skin should catch up, unless you have really poor elasticity. You can't spot reduce, but cardio and toning exercises should help tone every where.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    planks / sit ups / core strengtheners

naturally sucking in your stomach as you walk around all day
    using your core muscles as you work other muscles
    hoola hooping.

:)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Work the core as best you can. Planks, dancing, and losing weight elsewhere will help. Being a mom...I have the pooch that just won't go away. Nothing can be done and I've accepted it....I'm having a 'mommy lift' in a year or so.
  • Zumbalady808
    Options
    Exercise Exercise Exercise that is what gets rid of the muffin top, try going to YouTube and look for routines and for those of you who have bad necks do a routine standing up, do it everyday for 3 months that muffing top will be gone!!!!!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    hoola hooping does work :)
  • minervasp73
    Options
    You might try some better fitting pants? You can always let pants out and take them in again when you're ready. Or try using a cool belt.