I've lost my motivation....

Options
...and I NEED to find it!!! I am so stressed out lately by family, kids, finances...all kind of things and I've turned back to eating. I feel like I have no time to eat healthy, exercise or record my calories. I've gained 10 pounds back and I'm soooo depressed!! I can't find time to exercise lately without sticking my kids in front of the tv babysitter....and I feel so guilty doing that!! so for all my brothers and sisters I've met here on MFP, please keep me in prayer. I just can't help but think of how much progress I could have been making if I had been faithful to this program for the past two months and it's driving me crazy!!! so I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need some support and some prayer!!

~Pam

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    ...and I NEED to find it!!! I am so stressed out lately by family, kids, finances...all kind of things and I've turned back to eating. I feel like I have no time to eat healthy, exercise or record my calories. I've gained 10 pounds back and I'm soooo depressed!! I can't find time to exercise lately without sticking my kids in front of the tv babysitter....and I feel so guilty doing that!! so for all my brothers and sisters I've met here on MFP, please keep me in prayer. I just can't help but think of how much progress I could have been making if I had been faithful to this program for the past two months and it's driving me crazy!!! so I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need some support and some prayer!!

~Pam
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.. and if you cant find time to workout with out the kiddies.. try to work out with them if its nice go out side for a walk or play tag...or if its inside... find a kids workout video and jump around or just put on some music and dance your heart out with htem.. thell get a kick out of it and you'll be much happier.... I know everytime i get stressed and its not coming off faster i just think.. IT TOOK ME A YEAR OR LONGER TO PUT IT ON... I CAN DO THIS>.. KEE PUP THE GOOD WORK :smile:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I agree with Spaul, find something to do with the kids! Music is a great mood enhancer and you don't have to know any steps just get up and move with it. Take them to the park and push them on swings it will work your arms and upper body. Go for bike rides with them, run races with them. Jump rope. You all can do it together! You can do this Pammy and if you need someone to talk to just e-mail me, I will return your e-mail.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath. Blow it out slowly. Relax. Hard to do with young kids, I know, I had 5. You are a mommy. Being a mother is sometimes so difficult, difficult to be consistent, difficult to have constant noise; and difficult to make the right eating choices when one has to feed little ones. For years I would just eat their leftovers because I was too tired to make myself a decent lunch, and didn't want peanut butter and jelly.

Just stay on here with us, and log those foods you are eating, just try to make the foods energy dense like carrots, red and green peppers, cucumbers; and have a tablespoon or two of peanut butter on the side to dip them in maybe.

If I had followed my husband's lead and started logging in my food intake a year ago on here, I would probably have met my goal weight already. Sooooooooooo, you're not alone :laugh:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids yet, so I'm sorry that I can't offer any suggestions on that part of it. However, I do have an extremely stressful job that doesn't ever allow me to put any routines in place, and that wreaks havoc on my motivation.

During the times that I lose heart, I try to commit to just one thing: logging my meals. Sometimes it is all I have the energy for.

The other goal for me was not letting the past dictate the present. Meaning, if I screwed up yesterday, then that was yesterday and it's done and gone. I'm trying to look at each day as a new beginning and not get caught up in "I messed up yesterday, might as well mess up today as well."

Don't know if that will help it your situation but I'm thinking of you and sending good strong motivational vibes your way!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I know you can do this, Pammy....you just had a little set back, that's all. Now, pick yourself up and dust yourself off. You'll lose the 10 you gained back in no time! Just get yourself back into it and over that road bump. You CAN do it!

Go Pammy.....Go Pammy.....Go Pammy!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry everything seems so overwhelming for you Tammy. Don't spend your time beating yourself up for the 10 lbs.:wink: Ok? I know it took a lot to get it off but you did and more and you still can. So what were you doing, when you were losing your weight? You still had your children and bills to pay then, that hasn't changed. If the depression is the problem then if you can see your doctor about it , then it may help you. I have had to take antidepressants for years as many other people in this imperfect world. :tongue: It seems to me your taking care of everyone and everything but yourself. Many medical problems can come from not taking care of yourself in eating and exercising in a healthy way. I know, most of my medical problems are because I am obese:frown: I won't say over weight because I have a LOT of over weight.
    We are all here for you Tammy, and if you want to talk to me, just send me a message I may not have all the answers but sometimes we just need someone to talk to. You will be in my prayers tonight. We care about you:heart:
  • GodzGirl
    GodzGirl Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi Pam, I'm sry to hear that things have you stressed out lately, I will be praying for you, I agree with others here, hopefully you can find something to do with the kids, maybe race around your home, or from one side of the fence to the other, idk
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I know gaining 10 lbs seems like a disaster, but don't gain more just because you give up!

Go for a walk with the kids, or run up and down the stairs with the kids, something. Play "tag" in the yard....

Can someone watch them for 30 min a day so you can take a walk?

I know watching kids can be so tiring. We believe in you!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Nothing will help your family, finances more than you being happy.

Start again...do not think about what has passed.

It is how you act in times of adversity that will define you as a woman.

Find the time...get up early...or walk after the kids are in bed.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

~Namaste
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You're here today asking for support aren't you? That says something in itself. You could be pigging out and not even thinking about it. Something inside of you really wants this, or you wouldn't be here asking for prayers and support. I know it's hard, but it's a long process and we have to just keep telling each other not to give up even when we fall off the wagon for a while. Instead of beating yourself up about the past, just think what you will look like two months from now if you start today. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You're here today asking for support aren't you? That says something in itself. You could be pigging out and not even thinking about it. Something inside of you really wants this, or you wouldn't be here asking for prayers and support. I know it's hard, but it's a long process and we have to just keep telling each other not to give up even when we fall off the wagon for a while. Instead of beating yourself up about the past, just think what you will look like two months from now if you start today. Good luck!:flowerforyou:

I agree with everybody here. We are all here for you. Try 30 mins a day dancing to some of the kids video's. I do that with my niece during the week and they really are a workout and Kaleigh has fun too. You can do this and I am rooting for you.
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    if you see this in the morning:

1) Take your nearest kid
    2) Look them in the eye
    3) Take a deep breath
    4) Give him/her a kiss on the forehead
    5) Remember what they smelled like when they were born
    6) Imagine what their wedding day will be like
    7) Imagine yourself dancing at their wedding
    8) Imagine yourself dancing while in shape
    9) Imagine yourself sitting in a chair, miserable and slumped over instead
    10) Remember that you don't have to
    11) Smile because it's a brand new day!!

:flowerforyou:
  • PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the support and encouragement and exercise ideas! I really really really appreciate it!! I know I have to stop making excuses for why I haven't been motivated and just jump back into everything and start new from here!! so thanks again!! gonna go put on a music video and dance with the kiddos!!!