hi hi hi!!! :)

Options
My name is Lexi, and I would love for y'all to join me in my weight loss journey!!!!

Jan 18, 2010 I weighed in at 5'7 , 196, with early blood pressure problems (average 165/110) and was told that i needed to take daily meds for my hypertension..

WHAT?? Im also 21. thats insane!

I restarted my gym trips, although in the summer time i needed some motivation. So i signed up for a November half marathon- at this point, I couldn't even run more than 3 minutes straight. Despite that, I trained hard, and finished my first half marathon (13 miles) in 2 hours, 20 minutes, and weighed in at 160lb

Thing is, all that carb loading, thanksgiving, christmas break and drinking caught up to me, and I gained 11 pounds in a month and a half!!!!! I was NOT about to go back to the old me again, so I joined MFP, and signed up to train for another half marathon in Feb 20, 2011. Im hoping to set a new personal record

If I did this, anybody can! And with everyone's help and stories, Im hoping to lose these 11 lbs i gained, but ultimately be at a healthy weight of 145 - a total of 26 lbs for my goal. :)

So there ya have it, that's me in a nutshell. I would love to help out anybody with what I know from training, working out and what not, as much as I would love to be encouraged by y'all!!!

Replies

• jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I had the same problems over the holidays...gained about the same amount back as you but I'm back on track and working hard! Sending you a friend request now :smile:
  • monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your plan. You sound very motivated!! :happy: