If you use Flax how much do you easy and how?

Options
2»

Replies

• JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use the pre-milled Bob'a Red Mill. I got mine at Whole Foods, but my giant has it as well. I put a small amount in a tupperware container -- a few days supply at most. The remainder I store -- vacumm packed -- in my fridge.

I put it on my oatmeat. i have beenusing only a teaspoon since Ihad no idea how much to use; but I will be increading that to a tablespoon tomorrow.
  • jrhm
    jrhm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I buy it already ground also; I put about a tablespoon in my oatmeal in the morning; I also put the same amount of soy flakes in it and about 1/4 cup of raisens. I put all of these in before I cook it. Then serve with splenda and skim milk, Great breakfast on a cold morning.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I use Cold Milled Ground Flax. My Doc. who is also into natural and organic foods and some natural healing through nutrition (not by his medical practice, this is his life style and since we chit chat his nutrition came into conversation once)
    Anyway it was his suggestion to look for cold milled he said heat destroys a lot of the beneficial properties in flax. The brand I have states to use 2 TBSP. per day. I add it to my Greek yogurt. I hope this helps. :smile:
  • grumpyswife123
    Options
    I use it in my morning smoothie. It really works to relieve hot flases too!

2 tbs. flax seeds (I grind them first)
    1 banana
    1.5 cup Almond milk
    1t. vanilla extract
  • grumpyswife123
    Options
    I use it in my morning smoothie. It really works to relieve hot flases too!

2 tbs. flax seeds (I grind them first)
    1 banana
    1.5 cup Almond milk
    1t. vanilla extract

...flashes...
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    6. Flax Seeds. Source of fiber, protein & omega-3. Grind the flax seeds to get the most out of them. Take 1 tbsp with yogurt & berries before going to bed. Stay away from flax oil: it’s unstable and contains no fiber.