She fought till the end.

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Well, as many of you in the MFP community know, my mom had been very ill for the past 9 months after Dad passed away last August. She fought bravely against cervical cancer, dementia, high blood pressure, and heart disease. She just couldn't fight any more. She had a massive stroke on Thursday May 22 and on Friday May 23 she passed away with family by her side. Her funeral will be
Wednesday. While I am so so so so sad without her, I am so happy she is with Dad again and no longer suffering. I'm glad she didn't have to linger long after the stroke. She was laughing up until then. Thank you for all your well wishes, prayers and concerns over the last 9 months.

Charlaine

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well, as many of you in the MFP community know, my mom had been very ill for the past 9 months after Dad passed away last August. She fought bravely against cervical cancer, dementia, high blood pressure, and heart disease. She just couldn't fight any more. She had a massive stroke on Thursday May 22 and on Friday May 23 she passed away with family by her side. Her funeral will be
    Wednesday. While I am so so so so sad without her, I am so happy she is with Dad again and no longer suffering. I'm glad she didn't have to linger long after the stroke. She was laughing up until then. Thank you for all your well wishes, prayers and concerns over the last 9 months.

Charlaine
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    My condolences on your loss ~hugs u gently~:flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    So sorry for you loss. May you be comforted.:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    thoughts and prayers you way hon....all my deepest sympathy too....thinking of you!
    hugs!:flowerforyou:
    Ali
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss!! Your whole family is in my prayers!!!

-Tami
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    My deepest sympathy to you and yours.:frown:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    My heart breaks for you!! :flowerforyou:

But knowing they are restored & reunited, has to be a comfort. God bless!! :heart:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you and your family -- I pray that you find peace and comfort in one another during this difficult time. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Manda
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. Remember how many people care about you! I am thinking about you and your whole family. :brokenheart:
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i am so very sorry for yours and your familys loss
    i hope you find solace and peace during this difficult time

peace be with you:heart:

:flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Oh, that is so heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your losses. :brokenheart:
    Take care :heart:
  • GonnaDoIt
    GonnaDoIt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oh! I am so sorry for you! I will keep you in my prayers. Trust in God to comfort you in this time.:flowerforyou:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss...take care. You and your family are in my prayers.
  • kismetplayer
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Let knowing she is no longer in pain comfort you. You are in my prayer.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Keep your chin up! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Keep your chin up! :flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    The Legacy

When I die, give what is left of me to children.
    If you need to cry, cry for your brothers walking beside you.
    Put your arms around anyone and give them what you need to give to me.
    I want to leave you with something, something better than words or sounds.
    Look for me in the people I have known and loved.
    And if you cannot live without me, then let me live on in your eyes, your mind, and your acts of kindness.
    You can love me most by letting hands touch hands and letting go of children that need to be free.
    Love does not die, people do.
    So when all that is left of me is love...
    Give me away...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    By John Wayne Schlatter
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    I'm sure that your parents are so happy they are together again, holding hands and smiling down on you right now. She is in a better place and with her true love!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with you and your family that your pain and loss will heal quickly. My Dad has been real sick since last fall and the Dr's. didn't think he would make it through Thanksgiving but he is still going and not doing too bad. I know the roller coaster of feelings you've had to deal with. It's horrible to see your strong and dependable parents in a weak and vulnerable state. I hate it. I pray that you are doing ok and try to stay with your nutrition plan as much as possible. I'm sure your Mom would have wanted you to stay focused on your healthy path.
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You and your family are in my prayers. I am so sorry for your loss.