Zumba for wii

Options
I just bought zumba for wii. Any suggestions to find out how many calories are being burnt? Iv tried googling it but didn't come up with much. Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• missiklee
    missiklee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know but if you have a heart rate monitor you can figure it out pretty easy. You can get them at Target for about $30, totally worth it!
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ohhh they have zumba for the wii?!?!?! Wow that sounds like fun!
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If you find out, let me know! Because I have zumba DVDs that I'm going to start using, and don't have the money for a heart rate monitor atm. :(
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No idea... I always wear my HRM. It's still sold out everywhere here. Hubby tried to buy to for me at Christmas... lol.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Yes, they have Zumba for Wii and I LOVE IT! But, I have to say, honestly, you are going to need a Heart Rate monitor, otherwise, if you can't get one right now, just use the database for "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist"! You will put in your time and go with what it says the calories burned were. It is always lower than what my HRM says, before I change the calorie portion, but not by tons, anywhere between 45-80 calories.

It just all depends on how much your moving, how hard, how fast, etc. My daughter and I did it together for 45 min last week and my HRM said that I burned 50 more calories than hers did. (we have the same one) This is probably in between the routines she stopped and waited for the next one and I didn't. I kept moving and kicking or dancing, or whatever.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Ohhh they have zumba for the wii?!?!?! Wow that sounds like fun!

My thoughts exactly! How did I not hear about this?! :bigsmile: