'Before' pics???

Options
Just wondering whether its a good idea to take 'before' pics. Being male its not gunna be flattering? Want something to guage my success on thou. help.

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    take it. post it on your bathroom mirror, bedroom wall, your fridge. a mental reminder of what you are never gonna be again. it'll motivate you in many ways.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I didn't take them, but I wish I would have. You'll always want them once you have after pics. They'll show how far you have come.
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yep get some taken, the most unflattering possible, them give them to someone else.

I deleted all mine but 3 came home to roost and they made me feel sick to the core.

But they do give a good indication of how far the journey has been.

So shirt off!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Yep get some taken, the most unflattering possible, them give them to someone else.

I deleted all mine but 3 came home to roost and they made me feel sick to the core.

But they do give a good indication of how far the journey has been.

So shirt off!

Guess I should do this as well.... The pic I have on here with my hair really long shows how full my face is. I was probably 250 then. Happy to be under 220 today but still gotta lose the dinkydo.....
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely do some - I just looked back at mine last night and they are pretty shocking. They definitely keep you going.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It is my biggest regret ever, not taking before pictures from the very start.

It may make you feel bad now but embrace it, cause when you get to were you want, you'll be amazed at the changes.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have then i look at them again when i feel unmotivated kind of motivates me
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Take some! Have a look at my profile pictures, if you're worried about what's flattering, because I'm female and my before is absolutely hideous. It happens. Then, you lose the weight and look back at those pictures with a mixture of disgust and pride. They really can help to keep you motivated, because while you're losing weight, it might be hard to see the changes when you look in the mirror, but those pictures will tell all.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Definitely take them. I did not take them at the beginning of my journey because I could not stand the thought of seeing that picture, but now I really wish I had. I just took some this week at the half way point of my journey as I begin a new strength training program and still was disgusted by the picture, but I knew I had to do it and can only hope that in 90 days the after picture will be an improvement.

Do not hesitate --- take them!
  • SexyRed66
    Options
    That is exactly what I did I took pics of me on 01/04/11 and I have it posted right on my bedroom wall to look at. Each time I feel like I don't want to work out I look at that pic and get right on up.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Take them - but don't feel obligated to post them :) I took my first day of P90 on Dec 6 2010, and I took my 30 day of my P90 workout on Jan 6 2011 - within' ONE month I saw a huge difference - I saw that I have 'shoulder blades' now - Its really neat to see your progress. Just as long as you cut out, Alcohol, Weed, Junkfood, sugars, salt any processed food - and eat senseablity and have a workout plan - you'll see results :)...but everyone is different...best wishes on your journey xo
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Take them - but don't feel obligated to post them :) I took my first day of P90 on Dec 6 2010, and I took my 30 day of my P90 workout on Jan 6 2011 - within' ONE month I saw a huge difference - I saw that I have 'shoulder blades' now - Its really neat to see your progress. Just as long as you cut out, Alcohol, Weed, Junkfood, sugars, salt any processed food - and eat senseablity and have a workout plan - you'll see results :)...but everyone is different...best wishes on your journey xo

ditto the plan....

Check this posting out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144017-the-51-faster-fat-burners-from-health-com
  • Zoomer2
    Zoomer2 Posts: 34
    Options
    Well I have taken them .......(OMG) after all those that said they regret not taking any at the beginning. What a scary experience, like the man said before 'tops off and brave it' not quite sure about posting them though LOL, Cheers everyone, will keep you updated.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Progress pictures are one of my most motivating tools. My trainer has even looked back through them and doesn't remember how I was when I started out.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Do it! I really regret not having pictures of myself from when I was 220 pounds. Called my mom the other day and asked her to try to find some.

It really can be motivating to have something like that on your fridge or in your wallet so you can remind yourself where you came from and how much you don't want to go back.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    yup before pics are great! but i think woman have it harder
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You gotta take them! You dont have to post them. But when you reach your goal, your gonna want to brag.
  • crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You have GOT to take some before pics!!! That will give you motivation forever. If you feel yourself sliding later on in life you just need to bust out the pics. Then you will have a reason to stay on track!

1114216.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Serenity79
    Options
    I took mine this morning and they are the most horrible things I have seen! I can barely look at them :embarassed: But hopefully after a while I will be taking some fabulous 'after' pics and the 'before' pics and how I looked in them will be nothing but a memory.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would definitely take them. You don't have to post them up here but I'm sure once you loose the weight you will like being able to see how much progress you have made.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!