Replies

• Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    PHAT GIRLZ is awesome tooo mo'nique is the shiiiiiiiit:laugh:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth; Twelfth Night with Ben Kingsley and Helena Bonham Carter (that was a hoot); Much Ado About Nothing with Emma Thompson......

The Twelve Chairs (Mel Brooks), Amazing Grace about Wilberforce..... Sahara with matthew McCon.whatever
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Out of Africa w/Rpbert Redford and Meryl StreeP and Bridges of Madison County w/ Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep:love:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The Santa Clause. Yes, there it is. The first movie. The Wizard Of Oz is my second fav. The Muppet's Christmas Carol #3. Geez, I need to get out more.:laugh:
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hehe The Santa Clause is super cute I love holiday movies.
  • Starlightdusk
    Options
    Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth; Twelfth Night with Ben Kingsley and Helena Bonham Carter (that was a hoot); Much Ado About Nothing with Emma Thompson......

The Twelve Chairs (Mel Brooks), Amazing Grace about Wilberforce..... Sahara with matthew McCon.whatever

You seem to like shakespeare films, me too love Much Ado About Nothing! I also love a Midsummer nights dream! the costuming is amazing, but have you seen She's the Man? it is based on twelfth night and if you have read the play it makes it even more funny.
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Princess Bride, Rocketman, Napoleon Dynamite, and... Finding Neverland! I know, I know, most of those are awful, but you can help loving the quotes.

Finding Neverland just melts my heart every time I watch it. He did so much for the family even though he knew he could never really be a part of it. *sigh*
  • beep
    Options
    I haven't seen She's the Man. I tend to like the real Shakespeare play, and not a recreation. Hated that one about Beverly Hills that was supposed to be Emma. I love period movies, especially if they are true to the history and not trying to PC it like they did in one of Jane Austin's. The Jane Austin movies are my absolute favorite (Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, etc.)

but one of the best movies I have ever seen (and hard to find) is Enchanted April. I can still hear the oboe music running through it.
  • Starlightdusk
    Options
    I haven't seen She's the Man. I tend to like the real Shakespeare play, and not a recreation. Hated that one about Beverly Hills that was supposed to be Emma. I love period movies, especially if they are true to the history and not trying to PC it like they did in one of Jane Austin's. The Jane Austin movies are my absolute favorite (Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, etc.)

but one of the best movies I have ever seen (and hard to find) is Enchanted April. I can still hear the oboe music running through it.

I will have to netflix Enchanted April it looks good (I had to look it up). I don't usually like it when they do recreations (hated the one in beverly Hills too), but I have seen enough of the plays in the theater that I am used to each version being different So I like to watch all the different movie versions because everyone interprets the stories in different ways. Thats the best part about authors like Shakespeare and Jane Austin, they create these stories that are still relevent and entertaining no matter what (mostly).
  • beep
    Options
    Princess Bride, Rocketman, Napoleon Dynamite, and... Finding Neverland! I know, I know, most of those are awful, but you can help loving the quotes.

Finding Neverland just melts my heart every time I watch it. He did so much for the family even though he knew he could never really be a part of it. *sigh*

We LOVE Princess Bride........ soooo funny, and the first time I saw Napoleon Dynamite I thought it was the stupidest movie I had ever seen; but now that my kids quote every line from it, I think it is funny.

I forgot to mention all the Miyazaki movies ---- wonderful animation, music, etc: Howl's Moving Castle (Christian Bale), The Cat Returns (Elliot Gould and Cary Elwes, Anne Hathaway, Tim Curry), Laputa, Totoro, Porco Rosso (Michael Keaton), Spirited Away
  • beep
    Options

I will have to netflix Enchanted April it looks good (I had to look it up).

You will not be disappointed. Not a very well-known movie, but a delightful story of 4 women temporarily escaping the dreariness of their lives in England to a holiday in a Villa in Italy where they discover joy in each other's friendship; and a wonderful trickle down effect into their dreary marriages helping them to bloom anew as well. Fabulous scenery and music.
  • Starlightdusk
    Options

I will have to netflix Enchanted April it looks good (I had to look it up).

You will not be disappointed. Not a very well-known movie, but a delightful story of 4 women temporarily escaping the dreariness of their lives in England to a holiday in a Villa in Italy where they discover joy in each other's friendship; and a wonderful trickle down effect into their dreary marriages helping them to bloom anew as well. Fabulous scenery and music.

I am looking forward to it, moved it to the top of my que. I also love love Miyazaki, Howls moving castle was my favorite book in High school and the movie is brilliant, Christian Bale's voice gives me chills! have you seen My Neighbor Totoro? It is my favorite one of his movies.
  • beep
    Options
    Totoro is one of our favorite kid movies, we first bought in VHS over 10 years ago. They still love it, and make all their friends watch it (and they are teenagers...)
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Oh man, we would get along great. *Lucky!*

As well as the above moves, I'm a huge Star Wars dork, and I love Monty Python also. Aside from these movies, I love the movies 'Man on Fire', 'Road to Perdition', 'The Green Mile' (I cry like a baby through this entire movie), 'Black Snake Moan', 'The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra' (The most hilarious movie ever), among others.
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    my list is long :S and this isn't even half of them
    american beauty, american history X, the last three episodes (first three made, if that makes sense lol) of star wars, LOTR, kokada, gallipoli, saving private ryan, green mile, Armageddon (my family hate this movie coz of me :bigsmile: and my constant watching of it) smokin' aces, harry potter series :blushing: ALIENS!!!!!!! (and the rest of the series), land before time (only the first one rest of them stink!) and fern gully

oh and fight club!!!! (his name is robert pulson!!! haha)

man i am awesome at procrastination
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    Options
    Hehe The Santa Clause is super cute I love holiday movies.

I love love love that film!! So good, it makes my Christmas. My favourite film of all time is Eternal SUnshine of The Spotless Mind. It's just awesome.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It definitely depends on my mood. If I want a ...

feel good, funny movie: Sydney White
    sad movie: We Are Marshall (I bawl the whole way through), Rang de Basanti
    good editing techniques: Memento, Bobby
    In General: Pride and Prejudice (the new one), Shakespeare in Love, The Truman Show, Cider House Rules...

The list could go on and on... I'm such a movie freak... I've taken like 3 movie classes in college.

As for the movie I'm most excited to come out:

TWILIGHT!!! I have to wait until December though. :sad:
  • jlohern
    jlohern Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned Purple Rain! You have to love Prince in his purple outfits and high heels. Plus, you get to see Morris Day and the Time!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Favorite movie of all time--Forrest Gump

Also love

"Life of Brian"
    "Search for Holy Grail"
    "Get Shorty" & "Be Cool"
    "the Mummy"
    "In/Out"
    "Chocolate" (Spanish)
    "Shower" (Chinese movie)
    "Bird Cage"
    "Meet the Fockers"
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Favorite movie of all time - Seven - I've seen it at least 10 times.