It's a great day!

Options
Feeling pretty good today! I bought a shirt last month and I purchased the shirt in the smallest size Lane Bryant offered (14/16). I t was to tight for me to wear so I hung it up in my closet. Well today I decided to give it another go around. It fits very nicely! I must admit I have been a little discourage with my weight loss in the last 2 months, as I have only lost about 3.5lbs. I guess I am loosing inches. I just don't understand why I would loose inches compared to weight because I am only doing cardio and no strength training. Any ideas?

Replies

• downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You probally are losing inches because when you are exercising, you are changing the shape of your body. Even with cardio only, your body is still reflecting a positive change. Keep doing what your doing, apparently it is working for you and the pounds will catch up and eventually go down. Stay focused and stay motivated. We all know that the scale is only one of several ways to determine the goals we have reached and are continualy reaching.
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    In fact, if you think about it, exercising makes your body with more muscle tone. Muscles weight the double of fat for half the volume. So you loose fat by burning it, which is very good and replacing it with muscle in better shape so you will burn more calories while being resting because your metabolism will go to higher speed.

Which do you prefer best? Having an extra pound of muscle or and extra pound of fat? ;)

Keep up the good work!
  • Dreadz_Veggies_4Life
    Options
    Thank you! Trying very hard to stay focus and motivated ! Great point, will keep this in mind!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Congrats on fitting in your shirt! Pretty awesome feeling isn't it? :)
  • tiffvea
    tiffvea Posts: 51
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up!
    470443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!