Recent hysterectomy, tummy mushy, am I doomed???

Options
I've lost 7 lbs but this gut just stays here!!! My recent hysterectomy keeps me from doing serious abdominal exercises for now. Any suggestions?? I'd be most grateful!!!

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    No experience with the hysterectomy, ain't got no kids... However, I've been told by alot of ppl that if you have a hysterectomy that the only way to get rid of your stomach is to have a tummy tuck done. If you don't have alot of stomach to tone up then you might be okay. Do alot of walkin and while you're walkin hold your stomach muscles tight. Do ab twist use a stick and hold behind your head layin your abs out across it and twist at your waist back and forth. Just make sure you eat clean, avoid chesse if you want to find your abs and eat healthy.
  • Halikeoke
    Halikeoke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a hysterectomy in April last year. I walked and walked as soon as I could after surgery . . . was up to 3.5 miles a day before I had to go back to work. By the end of June I was doing abdominal exercises with no problem and had no more mushy belly.
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Options
    Had a hysterectomy 3yrs ago. Depending on your recovery, I agree walking is the best until you build up your strength. Word of caution is to take it slow.
  • leastwood
    Options
    Good News, yes, it will go away! I still have some tummy, but I currently weigh 265. I have seen my stomach continue to shrink. You will be able to regain use your muscles in time. When the time is right, look for info on "The Plank" It is an excercise that really works for your whole stomach area. I still have to do it on my knees because I weigh too much, but I am determined to keep working at it until I can do it on my toes! Hey, never give up. Where there is a WILL, there is a WAY.
  • jenlen65
    jenlen65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!! :wink:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    A tummy tuck isn't your only hope- that's just silly! Ask your doctor what exercises you ARE able to do and focus on those. Any exercise, not just ab specific, can help cut fat and tone your tummy. Your body will look for fat to burn from all over your body when you exercise... if it didn't every single one of us would either have 6 packs or look pregnant with twig legs and arms. Give it time, follow your doctor's guidance, and keep doing what you are able... I had a baby AND a tubal on the same day 6 months ago- double whammy. It was my 4th pregnancy... and I thought a needed a tummy tuck... then I joined this site and realized (and have seen in my results) that I DON'T! Overall, healthy exercise has transformed my entire body- not just targeted areas. Good luck!