So proud of myself.....

Options
Ok, so I've just turned 22....I have been a smoker since I was 14!!!! Last week my hubby decided it was time for us to quit because we spend WAY too much money on them nasty things! So, on Friday we ran out...I haven't had one since about 7pm on Friday! I'm soooo proud of myself. Although at times I feel like I'm going to kill Mike (my hubby) and I'm sure he feels the same way too! He has been smoking for just as long as I have.

Anyone, I just feel good about myself now...I went on a bike ride with the family tonight and I could actually breath!!!!! Sorry....I know its not weight related but I couldn't help it!!! :)

Replies

• KBagwell
    KBagwell Posts: 78
    Options
    Ok, so I've just turned 22....I have been a smoker since I was 14!!!! Last week my hubby decided it was time for us to quit because we spend WAY too much money on them nasty things! So, on Friday we ran out...I haven't had one since about 7pm on Friday! I'm soooo proud of myself. Although at times I feel like I'm going to kill Mike (my hubby) and I'm sure he feels the same way too! He has been smoking for just as long as I have.

Anyone, I just feel good about myself now...I went on a bike ride with the family tonight and I could actually breath!!!!! Sorry....I know its not weight related but I couldn't help it!!! :)
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    It's just as difficult a struggle....congratulations and best of luck to you!!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Congratulations:drinker: I just haven't come up with the will power or mind to do it yet.:frown: I admire you for doing it, I know it's not easy for some of us.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Anything that can affect your health adversely could be considered weight related. Good for you!!! Don't be surprised if you gain a few pounds. Smoking inhibits weight gain. But it will come off again and you'll be feeling way better for it.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    You made the three day hump, the worst is over!!!!
    I'm so proud of you, its hard as hell, but you can and will do it!
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    yay!!

doesn't make much sense to lose weight and get fit when you're smoking cancer things does it?

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • KBagwell
    Options
    Just an update....Ive been 5 months without a cig and I feel better than ever!!!!!
  • spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Congrats! I hope to be 5 months clean some day.

YOU GO, GIRL!

:flowerforyou:

Shari
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Good Going! :flowerforyou:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Congrats! That is amazing. :flowerforyou:

I am hoping I will be following in your footsteps shortly!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!! That's awesome...:flowerforyou: :drinker: What an accomplishment!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Its ok that its not weight related sweetie, its HEALTH related. It will make you live longer and be healthy for life!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!