Fitness Rip-offs

Options
How many of you have some wonderful piece of shiny junk sitting at home that promised to whip you into shape when you saw the ad on tv? Here's an article on some pieces of exercise equipment that millions of people have blown money on over the years. The funny part is that most people could have made this stuff at home. Seriously. Think about that before you purchase that new, improved piece of crap that looks so awesome on tv!

http://www.cracked.com/article_16104_sticks-to-stools-7-random-objects-sold-as-exercise-machines.html

Replies

• CarolHudson11
    Options
    Oh, wow! Thanks for the laugh. And I only have one of those things at home - and they're correct. I could have used my son's $1 ball I bought for him at Wal-Mart when he was little! LMAO!!!
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    GUILTY !!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    LOL...that article cracked me up...its so true!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    HAHA

I don't have those... but I wanted the Firm stuff so bad! Glad I was too cheap to do it :)
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Been there - done that .. but I am also a kitchen gadgetholic. How many of you can claim ownership of the "Daisy Sandwich Maker"? LOL
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Funny! Good thing I never got into the fads :smile: I stick with dumbbells, ankle & wrist weights & good old fashioned cardio... funny thing is that it WORKS :tongue:
  • Nurse_Christy
    Nurse_Christy Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! Thanks for sharing! I especially love the "Urban Rebounder"!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The same goes for pain relief devices. Chronic pain sufferers, myself included, have a drawer full of stuff that promised to help and didn't.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I love a good giggle in the morning. Thanks. The 7 Most Misleading Ads one is good too.:laugh:
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hilarious. Just Hilarious.