Smoothie Recipes???

Options
MJ5898
MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
I love the idea of smoothies - healthy ones of course. But when I try to make them, they are always so bland and unflavorful unlike the tasty (and "bad") ones I have bought in the past. Anyone have a good-tasting, healthy, preferably simple recipe they would recommend? Thanks!

Replies

• cmccune712
    cmccune712 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yoplait has packaged smoothie mixes that are good and healthy. You just add low fat milk to the frozen fruit.
  • Baby_Belles
    Options
    I normally do one banana, 1/4 cup raspberries, a table spoon of peanut butter or a scoop of whey protein (chocolate or vanilla) because I'm a vegetarian and I work out so much I need more protein than I can get my hands on. I also use rice milk and they have all sorts of different types and kinds you can use. Chocolate, coffee, vanilla. I just use plain but the others are good for you to if you using diary.

Oh, and then I blend :}

Basically I buy frozen fruit and mix that with bananas normally. :) Any kind and whatever your in the mood for. If you want the better taste or added sugar basically you could put a thing of your favorite yogurt in there as well. that just ups the calorie intake and sugar intake but over makes it taste better.

I also use a lot of spinach leaves in mine hahah you can't hardly taste them it just makes the drink green and super good for you, and I use a lot of grinded flax seed.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Skim milk, fat free plain yogurt, frozen fruit, protein powder, dry oatmeal, voila!
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Here's one that another MFP friend of mine tried a few days ago and she said it was great and very filling:

1 scoop vanilla protein shake
    1 tablespoon whole ground flaxseed meal
    5 oz. non-fat Greek yogurt
    1 peeled banana
    3/4 cup vanilla soy milk
    1 rounded tablespoon dark hot chocolate powder
    1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
    a few ice cubes
    Blend all ingredients.

I can't wait to try this.
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    I love the yoplait ones. :) Though, making my own is it's own victory too. ;)
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the suggestions!