Greetings!

Options
Hello everyone... I've been on MFP for about a week, but thought now was a good time to introduce myself. I live in the cold midwest and joined because its time to shed the 60 pounds of excess I've been carrying around for five years...and because the doctor is insisting.

A little about me... I work in the beer industry, paint, read, and am learning to play the guitar. I have an 8 year old son who is very active and keeps me on my toes. I love music and scary movies, oatmeal pancakes, and traveling.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and helping to support everyone on their journey!

Replies

• kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a midwesterner with an 8 year old myself! Best of luck!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a great site. I love to go through the posts during the day to keep me motivated. Nothing like talking to others that are also doing the same thing you are. I'm on the east coast but isn't the internet a great thing? Good Luck!!
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just joined myself a few days ago and I think this site is great! Not only does it have all the tools you need to make progress but the support from complete strangers is Incredible!

Than you My Fitness Pal!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    When I joined 4 months ago, I was at one of my lowest points. Everyone has been so encouraging and supportive. I am stronger mentally, physically and smaller :blushing:
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am also from the midwest and just joined this week too! I love this site! I have 50 lbs to lose and more, but have to start somewhere first. I feel like this isn't a diet but truly a life style change. I haven't felt deprived of anything.

Deb
  • sherbear35
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am new to the sight, but I wanted to give something a try to try and lose the weight I have been carrying around for a while. I am excited to start this new journey. My husband and I have both decided it is time to get off the couch and start doing something.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great to meet everyone!! :bigsmile: