Mind Tricks

Options
Some of the things I'm doing to trick my mind and eyes into thinking I'm eating bigger portions than I am are -

I use a salad fork instead of a dinner fork, it takes longer to eat the food AND a smaller fork looks fuller for the same portion

I use my salad plates rather than my dinner plate, believe me a smaller plate piled high is more satisfying than a big plate with empty areas

When I make my egg beater omelets I don't fold them over, I put what would be inside on the top of the cooked eggs and when I put it on my salad plate it looks like so much food for the same calories

I always make open faced sandwiches, two open faced sandwiches is always more satisfying than one regular one

I love canned green beans so I open a can, drain it, and then cook them in a frying pan with Pam and garlic powder. Most canned green beans are between 80 - 90 calories for the WHOLE can, what flavor and bulk for so few calories

And for bread, I use the Sara Lee 45 Calorie wheat bread because for 90 calories I can have TWO pieces of bread! I know the slices are smaller than some other brands but eating two smaller pieces still seems like more than being limited to one