Flight Attendant with busy schedule... any suggestions?

Options
Hi All!!

New to MFP! I am a mom of 2 a preteen and a TEEN! I lead a busy life as a flight attendant... I sometimes eat what I can when I can sometimes late and sometime nothing at all! I am trying to learn how to eat healthy and efficiently for my career. I could pack a lunch however I am gone for days at a time and ice melts and I dont get to refreeze ice packs... Veggies and fruit are good but dont last either. Any suggestions?

I would love to meet up with other FA's or people in the Denver area.

Rebecca

Replies

• McRebecca
    McRebecca Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi All!!

New to MFP! I am a mom of 2 a preteen and a TEEN! I lead a busy life as a flight attendant... I sometimes eat what I can when I can sometimes late and sometime nothing at all! I am trying to learn how to eat healthy and efficiently for my career. I could pack a lunch however I am gone for days at a time and ice melts and I dont get to refreeze ice packs... Veggies and fruit are good but dont last either. Any suggestions?

I would love to meet up with other FA's or people in the Denver area.

Rebecca
  • mschiebler
    mschiebler Posts: 1
    Options
    maybe the captain could serve you some protein bar?
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    Things you could take with you:
    Juices (fruits and veggies)
    Smoothies
    Yogurts with piece of bread
    Apples or other whole fruits can stay in room temperature for a while
    Cereals and small bottles of milk
    Some kind of sandwiches

If you have access to a fridge choice is much bigger :smile:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Carbs
    Alpen Light cereal bar or something similar
    Small bag of dry porridge if staying in hotels; ask kitchen staff to make with milk in water

Fibre
    vacuum packed prunes (without juice)
    popcorn

Protein
    Seeds (pumpkin, squash seed kernals) unsalted
    Liver formula (hormone free) tablets - great for hair and skin also

General Health
    Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplements - stops arteries clogging over time

Snacks
    Ryveta/Water Crackers and Low Fat Cheese (Linessa do a nice low fat Camembert) as you should have access to a small knife onboard/in hotels and low fat hard cheese will not go off or spill in bag

Drinks
    Green/Peppermint Tea bags

not a complete diet but a few healthy filling options that you can eat 'on the run'

throw it all in a large attractive handbag as if its an overnight bag

Mags

60770.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, the days in the airlines, I ate so bad, as you know its hard to resist grabbing food fromt he food cart when its readily available and also fairly tasty (although the quality and quantity has gone down!)

I'd always throw some fruit in my bag to hold me over, but quite honestly I ate really bad when I worked in the airlines, it's so easy to grab something from where ever you land at and also fun to get a little variety!

My suggestion is pack stuff you don't need to refridgerate being I know the ice drawers leave little to cool besides some booze and cokes. Denver was a fun city to live in, I was based out of ATL and then transferred to COS to be home, well everything I missed about home was gone ( friends, family, etc.)

Good luck and make sure to call the pilot and tell him to keep the shiny side up in front!:bigsmile: :drinker: