My New Jeans Saga

Options
nam14uk
nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
This to me is a big success and thought I would share it. Some of you may not believe it and some of you may think I'm a little crazy. So this is what happened this week....

I weighed in last weekend and gained 2lbs (having lost 3.8lbs the week before). This is my first real gain since I started on here on 14 August 2010. It really gave me the push to kick my workouts into another gear. I've been training fairly consistently usually averaging 4 times a week BUT this week I went to 11 classes at my gym (mixture of cardio and strength).

In total since Monday I have burned 5,496 calories over 566 minutes! This is by far the highest I have ever burned in a week!! All logged through my HRM so it's as accurate as these things ever can be.

Anyway so onto the topic of my post....

Last weekend I treated myself to a new pair of jeans which was 2 sizes smaller than I had previously been wearing. They fit perfectly and I was delighted to find them! Today I put them on again not having worn them all week AND THEY ARE BIG!!! Totally falling down!! I dropped 1.3lbs this week but I know my measurements have drastically changed. Whilst I would normally have been happy but a little disappointed with this loss given how much training I have been doing I know that I have put on a lot of muscle this week. I feel totally over the moon although now realise that my weightloss journey is going to get expensive!!

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Wowza!!! 11 classes?!!!! You are amazing!
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    That's awesome, great job! I'm sure you're excited with the progress. I hear you about the expenses. I use to wear size 40-42 and now I really have to tighten my belt to wear a 38. I can't afford new clothes so I go around looking like a thug. :D
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Rock on girl! Good for you!
    It's a great feeling!
    Keep up the awesome work!
    I know how expensive it can be. Hand me downs rock, so does Good Will.
    I didn't treat myself to good pair of jeans when I got to goal.
    I still have more of my wardrobe to replace.
    One of the evils to weight loss - SHOPPING!
    LOL
    Congrats!
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic story! Congratulations on all the hard work paying off.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!

You're making me envious with all the classes you go to!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great! I shop at Ross. I haven't paid more than $20 for the last 3 pairs of jeans I've bought. This last time I got a pair of Calvin Klein's for $10 and a pair of Lucky's for $20 and my Lucky's are the only ones that fit me out of the 3.
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Great story! Goes to show all of us that hard work really pays off :) I'm so glad I read your story this morning because I needed some encouragement like this! :)

Since it's only been a week or so, I'd return those jeans or exchange them for smaller ones! Hopefully they have a good return policy at the store! hehe :D
  • bwatkins16
    Options
    Thats wonderful
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I've been waiting to get some new cloths like pants since I don't want to be buying a lot of new cloths. I have a 'treat' of a new piece of clothing when I get to my goals. Mostly shirts or a cute new dress.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Fantastic inspiration!!!
  • frubjious
    frubjious Posts: 355
    Options
    Well done Nam! Great story, it's wonderful to think of what you can achieve in a week. I love that jeans (certainly for me) are such a mile stone. I've said to myself that I can't buy any more clothes until its a pair of jeans in the next size down. For me thats going to be when I really reach my goal.
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    That is awesome! Time to wash your jeans and put them in the dryer on high for a very long time! Shrink baby, shrink!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congratulations!
    Your story is very motivating! I think I need to head to the gym this afternoon!
    Jeans can be spendy but I don't plan on shopping until I hit my goal weight! ( mainly because I have the 2's, 4's, 6's, 8's, and 10's in my closet still).
    Congrats again that is awesome!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    LOL! That is ROCKING! I hope you saved the reciept, girl! You're going to have to return those jeans!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, great job! I'm sure you're excited with the progress. I hear you about the expenses. I use to wear size 40-42 and now I really have to tighten my belt to wear a 38. I can't afford new clothes so I go around looking like a thug. :D

I do the same. I have varying sizes of jeans so with the larger ones, I wear the belts that have holes throughout the whole belt. Crazy thing is, my belt is now wrapping around my waist. :laugh: The end of the loop is in the back. That's pretty sad.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Need to decide between returning them or washing and shrinking them!!

I cleared out my wardrobe the other day and I really have very few clothes left that fit so absolutely had to go out and buy some new clothes!! Have tried the belt holes but am now at the point where I have to buy new belts as well! If only money grew on trees!!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I also am waiting to get atleast to under 200 before I buy new clothes. I have been shopping at the Good Will for awhile now. It's really cheap so I don't feel bad if I shrink out of them pretty fast. Although, I did get a pair of gorgeous pants their that I have worn exactly once, and with this weeks weight loss I am gonna be done with them. At least I can sew ;o).
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Inches tell the tale a lot more than the scale!
  • fourbcrew
    fourbcrew Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Awesome I can't wait to get started at the gym this week. That is truly inspiring!! Keep up the good work!!
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Congrats Nam!

You are so inspiring! All your hardwork is paying off. Nicely done taking charge of your workouts and pushing yourself to the max!

If you can return the jeans and get the right size!

I'm so happy for you!

Karen
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!