Victorious Fitness Challenge. . .May 27

Options
Morning!

Today is either a long walk with some running mixed in to keep my heart rate up. . .or the BL cardio. I find it interesting that I think to myself now: "do I want short and punishing or long and time-consuming?" I get the same calorie burn from both things, but walking takes longer. Yesterday was a beautiful day, so I'm hoping for more of the same.

Take care of yourselves! Happy Tuesday.

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Today is either a long walk with some running mixed in to keep my heart rate up. . .or the BL cardio. I find it interesting that I think to myself now: "do I want short and punishing or long and time-consuming?" I get the same calorie burn from both things, but walking takes longer. Yesterday was a beautiful day, so I'm hoping for more of the same.

Take care of yourselves! Happy Tuesday.
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi

I go for a long walk myself if the weather is good; otherwise I jump on the bike at racing speed for 20 minute; I prefer to walk but the quick calorie burn alternative is needed sometimes

Mags

60770.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great long weekend. It was nice to spend time with my family and have no where to be! I'm off to kill myself in the weight room, on the track, then doing some hill repeats. I'll check back in if I survive. :tongue:

I posted an updated pic on my profile. Not much change so I've got to fuel the fire and burn some fat. If anyone has fat-burning tricks, please let me know. Less than 3 months before I have to wear a swimsuit on stage, and I'm not even close to what I should look like! Although I am pretty proud of the progress I've made. :wink:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear more fat-burning tips as well.

I'm in a "good day / bad day / good day / bad day" cycle and I need to stop it. Yesterday I burned 1100 calories at the gym and I used that excuse to eat lots of bad calories. Ugh. I seem to be slipping up a bit on the food and will get that in check this week.

Today:
    ~ 45 minutes cardio (haven't decided what I'm doing yet)
    ~ 20 minutes weights (legs)
    ~ Take my vitamins

Happy Tuesday!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hi all! Yesterday was very nice here & I spent the entire day out in the yard. Today, I planned on regular exercise, but my family room is occupied so I might try later. What I did instead was clean my carpets. Took me 2 1/2 hours & earned me 688 calories! Who'd a thunk it!:noway:

I hope everyone had a restful holiday!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I survived my hour in the weight room and got in 3 x 1 mile runs with a walking recovery lap between & cool down for 4 miles total. I did lower body weights and had jello legs by the time I finished my run, so hills will have to wait for tomorrow! :happy: