Couch25k Anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hellooo :flowerforyou:

I completed week 1 day 3 earlier this evening :drinker: by repeating the first run I did. There was a noticeable difference and I'm not just talking about the fact that I did the run in the evening :tongue: I managed to complete the route a lot easier and was a lot closer to my start position at the end of the run than I had been the 1st time (I pretty much ran round the block).

I got the Nike+ app working so it tracked my route, speed and calories burnt. :happy:

I'm not sure if I'm hooked, but I'm giving it a damn good go!!
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    Well done to all who have got off their butts and did it!! I haven't :angry:

I am angry at myself but exercise isn't my forte and I really have to force myself to do it.......can't believe I use to jog regularly when I was in my 20's!!

I hate the way I feel, at the moment, when I am jogging....it isn't a pleasant feeling and i literally count down the seconds out loud!! How are others coping with their first few weeks??

Help!! :sad:
  • MsMonny
    MsMonny Posts: 183
    Options
    BTW I am hoping my new heart rate monitor (haven't got it yet - in the mail!) will motivate me to do this!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my older brother - he's about 15 years older than me - who runs 5ks with his daughter. And a girl I went to high school with, who was as non-athletic as me back in the day, now does Iron Girl triathlons. She just decided one day, "I think I'll try this."

If they can do it, so can I! And so can you! :happy:

I remember watching the timer and thinking, "I'm gonna DIE!" the first few times I tried it. It gets easier. Your body gets used to it.
  • asm03
    asm03 Posts: 16
    Options
    I completed this program last year. It was difficult at first but, with a little hard work it paid off. I ran my first 5K twelve weeks after! There are great podcasts available. They literally have voice overs on songs that tell you when to start running, with seconds remaining, and when to stop. The feeling of running the 5K was great. I encourage anyone to try it. Even nonrunners. That was me!
  • Manda1987
    Manda1987 Posts: 207
    Options
    I hate the way I feel, at the moment, when I am jogging....it isn't a pleasant feeling and i literally count down the seconds out loud!! How are others coping with their first few weeks??

Help!! :sad:

I have never run in my life. I've had asthma my whole life, and been pudgy at the very least to boot. I'm not a runner by any stretch of the imagination.

Even just that tiny improvement between the first time and this time, even with a 3 week break in between made me feel better about it. I'm looking forward to being able to run for the first time EVER! I'm also looking forward to running after the bus and not passing out in a sweaty, wheezing heap once I catch it.

It's just a matter of forcing yourself to do it. If you have to count down the seconds (like I do!) then do it! Every minute you jog is an extra minute of healthy, beneficial activity.
  • Manda1987
    Manda1987 Posts: 207
    Options
    I don't know if anyone's actually reading this thread anymore, but I just finished Day 2!

Got through all of it without complaining this time, despite a huge blister that I hadn't noticed from last time. Feeling a ton better about it. I was doubting my ability to get through the whole program, but the improvement between Monday and today is huge. We can do it!