Family meal coming up :|

Options
So I need some help choosing what to have to eat next Saturday. We're going out for a (posh) pub lunch for my grandads birthday and I'm not entirely sure what the best thing to have is.
So... I figured I'd ask for your opinions! :D
So heres the menu: http://www.millerandcarter.co.uk/pdf/millerandcarter-main_menu.pdf
Let me know what you think. :)

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Go with the salmon if you like fish, steak, or the vegetarian option (which is what I would go with).
  • Becs_lil
    Options
    Thank you :)
    I love salmon so sounds good to me :D
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Definitely have the salmon, HOWEVER, ask them to prepare it like this: grilled, no butter, oils or sauce. If you have to have sauce, ask for it on the side. Skip the potatoes and ask for the veggies instead, steamed. If they say they can't do it, then have the prawn cocktail, sauce on the side with a green salad, dressing on the side. Stay away from the bread and have a few crackers instead for some crunch!

Good Luck!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the ideas! here is another tip. count this as your cheat day and don't stress about it! you are going to chose something lite and healthy but most portions and sodium may off set it ,so instead of stressing just enjoy and accept that you can't control it.
    Next weekend I'm going out of town and plan on eating and drinking my way through the city with family and friends and even if i try to eat healthy the reality is it'll be a terrible weekend. I know it will set me back but sometimes you just gotta enjoy the company of others and the time with them. i'll make it up the week after.
  • Becs_lil
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice :) I'll definitely ask for no butter or oils, but I think I'll keep the potatoes. I never finish a meal when I'm out and the good this about this restaurant is that they put everything into little bowls so I'll try to eat half of everything because I know its going to be a lot of calories. And I'll just do a ton of exercise at some point during that day. :)