May 27 MFP Runner's Club

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Good morning my fellow runners!

Got out at 5:30am, ran for an hour, life is good.
My calves felt really tight for the first 30 minutes but I got through it!!

Have a great day!
Mireille

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    Good morning my fellow runners!

Got out at 5:30am, ran for an hour, life is good.
    My calves felt really tight for the first 30 minutes but I got through it!!

Have a great day!
    Mireille
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Glad you got to go out today. I may take a break today, as I need to do laundry and other household duties. I'll keep you guys posted. Looks cloudy like a big storm today. We need the rain......Hope everybody is gearing up for their workouts today......:flowerforyou:
  • RunningRatty
    RunningRatty Posts: 161
    Options
    Can I join y'all?

I used to run a lot but with stress of a ansty divorce over the past year I have got lazy.

However, this morning I got up at 6amto run and did 5K and it felt GREAT!

Hope you all have a a goor Tuesday!

Jane
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Can I join y'all?

I used to run a lot but with stress of a ansty divorce over the past year I have got lazy.

However, this morning I got up at 6amto run and did 5K and it felt GREAT!

Hope you all have a a goor Tuesday!

Jane

By all means! Welcome. I think that you'll find the folks here are incredibly motivating....Good job on your 5k this morning.:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did manage to hop on a really nice treadmill in the gym where my mom was staying.
    I did a nice brisk walk (2 miles).

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jane & good job Mireille!! :smile:

I'm going to be movement-free today, but will hit it again tomorrow!

Happy Running!! :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Mireille - It is great to hear that someone else was out pounding the pavement so early. I ran 3 miles at 5:45 am.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

Welcome Jane!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Nice going, Kechie! :drinker:

I have to admit, I'm sore as the devil today. embarrassed.gif Did my stretching, but I was so pumped up for the run I am beat-up today! :huh:

Funny the gallon of merlot didn't seem to relax me enough. angel4.gif
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Options
    Hello all! I got out and ran a quick 3 miles this morning. I have to do some sort of work out before I go into work, I didn't feel like going to the gym this morning. I have to say I do prefer running in the morning verses evening.
    Have a wonderful day!
  • samccarthy
    samccarthy Posts: 34
    Options
    My co-worker, with whom I have been running, called in sick today. So, I decided to really stick it to her (we are very competitive with each other--harder for me since she is 28 years old and I'm 44!!). We've been running 4.0 and once in a while 4.5 miles, with the goal of making it to 5.0 miles. I started out planning on going 4.5, but once I got there, I slowed the treadmill down to 6.0 mph and banged out that last half mile. It felt great to make it to my goal of 5 miles!!! Yea!!!!!! Thanks for inspiring me!!

Sheryl
  • Shannon023
    Options
    My co-worker, with whom I have been running, called in sick today. So, I decided to really stick it to her (we are very competitive with each other--harder for me since she is 28 years old and I'm 44!!). We've been running 4.0 and once in a while 4.5 miles, with the goal of making it to 5.0 miles. I started out planning on going 4.5, but once I got there, I slowed the treadmill down to 6.0 mph and banged out that last half mile. It felt great to make it to my goal of 5 miles!!! Yea!!!!!! Thanks for inspiring me!!

Sheryl

Awesome!!! WTG!!!! :drinker:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It's great to hear everyone pushing themselves to go a little farther!

I got up at 6:15 but realized that without time constraints, it's not as easy to get myself motivated to get going. I didn't get outside until about 7:15. But I set a goal in my Nike+Ipod to burn 500 calories and ended up going an extra 100 calories. Yay me! I usually burn about 100 calories per mile, pretty consistently, so I ran 6 miles.

I'm learning lots about myself and my running lately. :indifferent:

Thanks for all the inspiration! :happy:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Congrats to everyone, we are rocking!!

I have a question. How does everybody carry their water while running. Currently I'm holding my water bottle in my hand but I'm thinking on investing in one those belts that carry 2 bottles (for even distribution). I'm not sure how well they work because I can't stand it when the water bottles bobble all over the place.

What do you use?
  • Shannon023
    Options

I have a question. How does everybody carry their water while running. Currently I'm holding my water bottle in my hand but I'm thinking on investing in one those belts that carry 2 bottles (for even distribution). I'm not sure how well they work because I can't stand it when the water bottles bobble all over the place.

What do you use?

I use a single-bottle carrier & just have the bottle at my back. Bugs me when my arm hits it at my side. rolleyes.gif
  • Mireille
    Options

What do you use?

I use a single-bottle carrier & just have the bottle at my back. Bugs me when my arm hits it at my side. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I've tried those and they bug me too. I've tried shoving my bottle into my hood of my sweater and I ended up choking myself. lol
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

What do you use?

For 3 mile runs, I don't take any water with me. I drink a ton before I leave but stop drinking about 30 minutes before I head out the door. For longer runs, 7 miles, I run a big loop through my neighborhood so I stash my water at one of my neighbor's mailboxes at the beginning of my run. On the way back, I've got water. I know this sounds horrible but they don't mind. There have even been mornings when I have overdressed and left a hat or a shirt on their mailboxes too.
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Ok my running pros...I have a question for you. Have any of you seen an exercise physiologist? I have been reading all this information about trying to be in your "fat burn zone" and it's really confusing me. If I run at the pace that is my "fat burn zone" I am running really slowly about 1/2 to 3/4 a mile per hour less then I usually run. ... I have read though that if you run more than 85% of your max heart rate that you can actually do damage to your body and to your heart. However, I have been running at a pace that is more than 85% of my max (according to my polar watch) for more than 6 months and I never feel exhausted later or unable to talk. If you aren't supposed to run at a pace that is more than 85% of your MHR (max heart rate) then how do you ever increase your pace? Anyone know the answer to this?:tongue:
    Thanks!
    Buckeye
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It is great to see you all get your run in today, especially the early am ones. I know it feels so good for the rest of the day. Today is my day off but I plan on getting up to run by 6 am.

I don't carry water with me. I carry a CD player in my left hand and my cell phone in my right (I am a nurse midwife.) so I'm not sure where I'd put water. I usually drink a cup before and 3 cups after my run. Do you think I need water during the run itself?
  • Shannon023
    Options
    It is great to see you all get your run in today, especially the early am ones. I know it feels so good for the rest of the day. Today is my day off but I plan on getting up to run by 6 am.

I don't carry water with me. I carry a CD player in my left hand and my cell phone in my right (I am a nurse midwife.) so I'm not sure where I'd put water. I usually drink a cup before and 3 cups after my run. Do you think I need water during the run itself?

How far do you normally go??

If you're going mid-day/late afternoon then I'd say yes you need to bring water with you if you're going further then a 5k. :flowerforyou:
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    I ran a 1/2 marathon Sunday...walked 6 miles sunday...rested today...I needed the rest:laugh: