Many don't know this!

Options

Replies

• Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You don't sound horrible at all, you are voicing your opinion about what you've read. I will be able to tell if I don't lose or gain because I have been eating up a lot of those extra calories.
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Does jumping on a regular trampolie have the same effect?
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    I know the minis aren't as bouncy as a regular one. I guess you could look it up.
  • rawdefault
    Options
    i would think that because the mini trampolines have taughter springs (at least the good quality ones do) and don't 'bounce' you as much as the larger backyard trampolines, you'd get a better workout.
    less time in the air, and less time sinking into the trampoline means more time tensing your muscles & working out your body :)
    so the mini trampoline would probably provide a better workout, but i can honestly say that i've gotten my heart rate up a surprising amount (and im moderately fit) by jumping on a backyard trampoline with some kids. it's certainly worth doing as an exercise!
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    (Mr. Urban Rebounder Himself). His formula takes your body weight x .0643 to get your rebounding burn per minute. You would then take your # of minutes burned and multiply that by your rebound burn. So if you weigh 150#s and rebound for 30 minutes then you would burn 289.35 calories during your workout
  • punkyrooster15
    Options
    this is awesome! i had no idea....and it would be so much fun! i remember when i was a kid how much fun trampolines were. i'm getting one this weekend! thanks for the suggestion
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Jumping on a trampoline is not in the database so I was just wondering how u came up w/ the calories burned?
  • rawdefault
    Options
    In the previous posts in this thread, we included some links to websites that calculate it. There's loads of different calorie calculators all over the internet, some are 'food diary' type place like myfitnesspal, others just calculate using your weight etc.
  • Inpjs66
    Options
    it is called rebounding in the data gase and my trampoline has a calorie counter
  • dac83
    dac83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a JumpSport rebounder and love it. With 2 bad knees, it's the best investment I've made so far. I can do all the high impact stuff on it that I'm not supposed to do on the floor, like jogging, jumping jacks, jumping rope (not using a rope, but doing the movements), etc. In fact, I do the Insanity workouts every day, which is very high impact. I just move down to the floor for things like push ups and whatever. I wear an armband that tells me how many calories I'm burning, and it seems to be right on track with what other people burn doing the entire Insanity workout from the floor. Highly recommend a rebounder for anyone with joint problems!
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just got a rebounder a few weeks ago and I love it. In addition to the great workout, it's an awesome leg toner. I went from flabby legs to calves of steel just a few weeks of using it. Even my thighs are toned (and I've never had toned thighs)!
  • rawmama232
    rawmama232 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What exercises did you do on your rebounder for toned legs, and how long/often did you rebound per day/week?

Thanks for the way of figuring out the calories depending on how much you weigh, that is exactly what I needed to have!
    "(Mr. Urban Rebounder Himself). His formula takes your body weight x .0643 to get your rebounding burn per minute. You would then take your # of minutes burned and multiply that by your rebound burn. So if you weigh 150#s and rebound for 30 minutes then you would burn 289.35 calories during your workout)"
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I paid 25.00 for a min trampoline and I burn more calories than going to the gym in half the time.

Just Health bouncing, I burned 97 calories in 5 minutes!

There are a lot of people who don't know the benefits of rebounding on a trampoline! NASA invented it.

Check out all the benefits. There are many different sites to read as well.

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/rebounding-for-detoxification-and-health.htm

Thank you for the link. I just ordered a rebounder from a resaler ~$60.
  • Ebi2
    Ebi2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just got one yesterday. Fantastic.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I love my rebounder, but mainly use it for slamming a 20 lb medicine ball. With a good slam, I can get the ball on the roof.

I guess it's OK for that other stuff, too.
  • aemw2708
    aemw2708 Posts: 5
    Options
    After reading your posts, I went out and got one! This is great!!! Thank you.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Old thread. That link also says bras cause cancer. Automatically invalidates everything else.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Whenever I bounce on a trampoline, it makes me pee a little....stupid kids....
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Whenever I bounce on a trampoline, it makes me pee a little....stupid kids....

My department had a dodgeball game at a SkyZone (that's where my avatar pic was taken) a couple of months ago. One female colleague who's probably in her late 50s said the same thing about having to worry about peeing a little when she jumped, for the same reason. I wore my heart rate monitor and tried to keep moving and it was a decent workout and a lot of fun. They even have aerobics classes so yes, it can be great exercise. I'm beginning to feel like my knees need a break so this might be a good investment.