Holy Crap I was fat on June 15th !

Options
polo571
polo571 Posts: 708 Member
I need some more positive stories of weight loss! Lets post our victories and lets help get everyone else motivated!

Replies

• polo571
    Options
    June 15th 2010 A1c 8.9 43% body fat 375 pounds

Jan 1st 4.6 A1C 29% body fat 290 pounds

June 15th 2011? Stay tuned
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    wow way to go you ... well done :-)
  • escobar9300
    escobar9300 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations big man! I'm in a similar boat myself. 6'2 and started at 372, already down to 351 after only a couple of weeks since the diet and exercise is such a drastic change to what I am used to!
  • polo571
    Options
    Good job Escobar keep it up man. Add me as a friend I would love to keep up with yah!
  • polo571
    Options
    Staceyb thanks gorgeous. Whats your story on here? Let here it =)
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Wow... well done! Your weight loss also makes you look younger. Way To Go!!! I've lost 42 so far.
  • janelle1993
    Options
    wow way to go! very inspirational!:happy:
  • polo571
    Options
    Good job Breeze and thanks Janelle. You need anything just holar!
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    On the 27th of August 2010 I decided to check my BMI and found I was classed as obese, weighing in at 243lbs. Unfortunately for me I'm 6'3 and carried the weight all over my body rather than in a lump around my middle which meant that I didn't realise how big I had gotten.

On the 28th I joined MFP and set out to get to 185lb, hopefully before my birthday. I reached and surpassed my goal on Christmas Day, weighing in at 184lbs (nearly 2 months early). In 4 months I had lost 59lbs, gotten my BMI down to 22.4, lost 10 inches from my waist, gotten my body fat percentage down to 12.4% and was able to run 5k in under 30mins.

Since then I have been hitting the weights as well as maintaining my calorie intake and have lost a further 1lb. I can no longer run 5k in 30mins as I'm still recovering from a chest infection but I can walk it in 38mins. I play football regularly and have been asked to take the Yorkshire 3 Peak challenge in March (a 25 mile walk up 3 hills in under 8 hours).

I keep meaning to do a before and after topic but feel that until I'm happy with building a bit a mass back up I haven't really reached the "after" bit.
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! That's fantastic, you must feel so much better, both physically and mentally - you've done such a great thing for yourself and your family!
  • polo571
    Options
    thank you acria.
  • midmomike2
    Options
    Awesome achievement! I,too, started at well over 300 pounds (341). That was 2.5 years ago. Actually weighed in this morning at 184!I weighed 190 when I served in the US Army, uhhum, 25 years ago...and now am in much better shape! Keep going...you're doing great!
  • amycrims
    Options
    you are all amazing and such an inspiration. reading your stories is why i love this website and why i still feel motivated and am seeing the pounds drop off. thanks!!
  • polo571
    Options
    Midmomike awesome achievement! Rock on that guitar and celebrate man. I would like you to add me as a friend I want what you have bro.
  • polo571
    Options
    Thanks amy! Good for you making the choice. Glad to see you on here!
  • MISTTIMI
    Options
    Wow! Thank You for this topic Polo, Your achievements and others that have posted, are really inspiring! :drinker:
  • polo571
    Options
    Ur welcome MISTi and welcome!
  • danridge
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    You guys are an isnpiration.
    I started on my weight loss journey back in February 2010 when I found out that I had Diabetes. My starting weight was 280 pounds and I am now down to 201 pounds.
    I just recently found this site, and reading all of your posts has helped to keep me on track.
    My son and daughter in law are on here as well and they are both doing great.
  • polo571
    Options
    Youdaman danridge. Good job buddy. ur an inspiration too
  • colinmud
    Options
    OMG....... Ive only just started this a week ago and only came on this site to see if someone or anything could give me inspiration not to give in and ensure that with encouragement its possible to loose weight..... and you and a few others on this page have done that, thank you and I will follow your progress quietly in the background. I wish you well....... Fee
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!