Lot of ideas, Little motivation

Options
New to fitness pal. Understand all of the concepts regarding weight control, nutrition, excercise, etc... Due to a heart attack in 2008, need to do them all. When on sick leave, was able to drop from 240 to 195 in about 3 months through excercise and net calorie control. Then work with constant travel kicked back in and reset the whole balance.

I expect that I'm not unique in that I sometimes do better than others, but the better moments are more rare.

Replies

• polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    TVenuto Burn the fat feed the muscle really helped me out and made me look at myself and make some good choices. Its ohnest and straight forward and no easy outs! Look it up and make your own decision
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michael! MFP has a lot of good tools and really great people to help support and motivate you. It's made all the difference in the world for me. Use it! Feel free to friend me, if you like.

Stay committed!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    TVenuto Burn the fat feed the muscle really helped me out and made me look at myself and make some good choices. Its ohnest and straight forward and no easy outs! Look it up and make your own decision

Hear Here!!

This is the one book out of the 4-5 that I read while researching breaking the plateau I was on that cleared it all up for me. I had been doing "fasted cardio" previously but didn't know that it was the reason for the success that I achieved. I had dropped 16 pounds in 6 weeks and a running injury sidelined me. I started to like running and decided to get a T/M. When I healed I started running again and wasn't getting anywhere weightloss wise. It was b/c I wasn't running first thing in the morning like I did when I ran in my neighborhood. I ran early to avoid the traffic while w/ the T/M I could run anytime of the day. I kept upping my distance and still no progress. All that led to another tendon injury. Now that I'm healed again, I'm running in the morning and after a week on here recording my food and exercise, I've lost 3 pounds already. I swear by this book. Get it, read it, live it.
  • michaelk87
    michaelk87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There's something about not eating everything on the plate that causes a feeling of waste and guilt. It seems hard to not eat it all.

Idea: When ordering in a restaurant, order it to have half arrive at the table already in a doggie bag.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I've always been guilty of that - "It's just a few more bites, I don't want to see it go to waste". I grew up poor and while my mom was never one to make us "clean our plates", there was still always a sense of guilt for wasting food.

I've found that using MFP helps a lot. Now I THINK about my portion size, not because I'm consciously eating less, but because I need to know how much to enter. But even though I'm not consciously worrying about eating too much, I think it definitely makes me take less than I might otherwise.