Remember the day you said enough is enough?????

Options

Replies

• jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    July 2010 . . . My brother married an Indian girl and it was really hard to find Indian clothes big enough to fit me. I managed to, though, and they looked pretty good -- until I looked at the pictures. The clothes were beautiful, bright and colorful, and I was making them ugly by being so fat.

I didn't do anything about it then because I had a boyfriend who really likes big girls. He finds larger women sexy and was kind of discouraging about me losing weight.

Then we broke up and I was so depressed that I was too immobilized to do anything.

But then we went and visited my brother and took pictures and I finally realized that I was huge and really needed to do something about it.

Sooooooo, here I am. Just joined in May 2011 and am feeling good. I've only lost 11 pounds but I know I have the capacity to lose much more and I am so looking forward to doing fun things to myself just because I want to, not because I'm trying to distract people from my weight. (Like dying my hair crazy colors and having pretty tattoos and interesting piercings, etc.)

Good luck to all of you!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    February 2011..I saw an old friend that I hadn't seen in several years and I felt like he must have wondered what in the heck happened to me! I was very ashamed at that moment that I had let myself go. So, here I am, a little lighter and feeling a lot better!!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Christmas holidays 2010. Standing in front of the fridge. Again. Planning to eat. Again. Why? Boredom. Not hunger...boredom.

I decided then and there I didn't want to be that person any more.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    My DAY wasn't really mine, but a coworkers. We were sitting in the lunch room eating an ice cream the company had provided. When she got up to get her 2nd one, I noticed that her legs from ankle to knee were absolutely BLACK. When she came back, I quietly asked her why. And she explained her Type 2 diabetes. And that she was getting the leg cut off. CUT OFF.

All I could think was that she could have just put the ice cream down and avoided all that. 2 months later she has passed away. I don't want any one in my family to say I had died or been mutilated because I just wouldn't get off my A**
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    edit (duplicate)
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    june 2010-- 158
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    My DAY wasn't really mine, but a coworkers. We were sitting in the lunch room eating an ice cream the company had provided. When she got up to get her 2nd one, I noticed that her legs from ankle to knee were absolutely BLACK. When she came back, I quietly asked her why. And she explained her Type 2 diabetes. And that she was getting the leg cut off. CUT OFF.

All I could think was that she could have just put the ice cream down and avoided all that. 2 months later she has passed away. I don't want any one in my family to say I had died or been mutilated because I just wouldn't get off my A**
    Now that's really scary. Diabetes runs in my family, and I'm glad I started this before diabetes found me.
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    January 2nd, 2011 at 197 pounds. Which was at 13 pounds less than my all time high of 210 pounds.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Mine was April 27, 2011. 189 pounds! Now at almost 6 weeks I'm at 174.6 and still going!
  • lachicadelfuego
    lachicadelfuego Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I saw the pic that I now use for my profile. And when I heard my 11 year old talking about how she thought she was far and wanted to diet. I decided it was up to me to show her how to be healthy and not starve herself like she was trying to do.
  • kcavities
    kcavities Posts: 18
    Options
    i was 13 and alone, after lunch, on a walk. i looked at my stomach, distended with junk, and suddenly felt very uncomfortable. that summer i lost about 15-20lbs (hard to remember now...i wasn't in a great place and my memory's bad. it was mostly a self-destructive blur until my parents said "you look too thin"). (i know my signature says otherwise about my weight loss...which is because i am now 16 yrs old and taller than i was then. when i grow, i re-mark my "starting weight" as per BMI.)
  • tarynnnicole
    tarynnnicole Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Confidence is invaluable... but without wisdom, it can be dangerous.

wow-- that is so true. i felt the same was through high school and college. thank you for sharing :smile:
  • peterscr7
    peterscr7 Posts: 13
    Options
    It was January 06, 2011... I gained 16 lbs in a year without realizing it and I realized enough is enough.
  • Nini_Soto_
    Nini_Soto_ Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump
  • lizziebit71
    Options
    My 'enough is enough' moment was 19/7/2010 and i thought i would try something new.... not commiting myself to something as i have in the past and always been dissapointed....
    I stuck to it for a week and lost 2 kgs(4.4 pounds!!!):happy: ...after that you couldnt stop me!! Now 20kgs (44pounds) lighter and i am soooooo happy!!!!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    January 12, 2011. I was getting ready for work and my favorite pants would not go on. I whined to my husband and he went out and bought me EA Sports Active 2. I did a 20-minute workout and thought I was going to die! But I decided no video game was going to get the better of me and kept at it. A week or so later I decided I needed to track calories too and found the MFP iPhone app.

39 lbs later, the pants don't fit again--I donated them to charity 2 months ago!
  • amanda_mh
    amanda_mh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It was in September of 2009. I saw pictures from my mom's wedding, in which I was a bridesmaid. I saw this blob of a person and thought 'who the heck is that?!' Then i realized that it was me. Sad day when you don't even recognize yourself in photos.
  • Bryce58
    Bryce58 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump -
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Mine started February of this year. I had a miscarriage in Jan and Feb I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. That was the final straw! I was so sad after my miscarriage and my weight was creeping up almost to 300lbs. It was hard to start my journey, but my husband was there to support me all the way! I have a little under 100lbs left to go and then we can try to have baby #2! they think the diabetes might have caused the miscarriage bc it went uncontrolled for so long. ( I didn't know I had it ) so there is my story.... Best decision I have made this year! Thanks to my husband and all of my MFP friends <3
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I always knew I was heavy and wanted to change but never had the motivation. This sounds really gross but one day at my heaviest weight 249 lbs.... I couldn't even reach to wipe after using the bathroom because my back rolls were so big. I had to do it the WRONG way. I burst into tears and knew THAT day that I HAD to do something. I wasn't going to let myself do it anymore. After a week I could wipe the right way again. I was DETERMINED and I will NEVER let myself get that way again!

Also around the same time my friend came up to me telling me that she didn't want to hurt my feelings but thought I should know that my bosses were talking bad about me and she overheard them. She said the reason that I couldn't work on the weekends was because I was sooo big and slow and got in the way. That hurt me soo bad.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!