When 2 delete friends?

Options
i thought this was the best place 2 put this. :smile:

so we've all got friends. i understand that ppl may not log in 4 a wk or 2 b/c they may b on vacation or whatnot. but my question is this.

after friends haven't logged in 4 more than a month should we delete them? i have friends listed that haven't logged in 4 more than 7months. i believe that at least after 6months of them not loggin in then they should b deleted but should u delete less than that time?

what's ur opinion???

Replies

• colinmud
    Options
    I suppose its up to you however if they return it would be nice for them to see a familiar face or two?
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    it's mainly b/c we have friends 4 motivation. if they aren't loggin in then where's the motivation? :frown:
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i was not logging in for awhile...and one friend decided to message me before deleting me to let me know she missed me and to see if i was ok. i soooooooooo appreciated that and started logging in again. maybe just check in before deleting. it could mean the world to someone:)
  • colinmud
    Options
    you are right we are here to be motivated and for us to motivate others. I have made a few friends so far and I would like to think I will stay on this sight eve when I meet my goal. this may be unlikely however f I returned due to putting weight back on I would be hoping to see someone I used to know. If you feel that they have not lost or met their goal but simply lost interest then you should think about not having them in your friend box. Its all about how you feel about it all.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I hide their updates so I stopped getting the "so-and-so hasn't logged on in blah blah weeks/months etc"...if/when I know they are back I un-hide them. lol I actually did it when my husband got on here and quit after a few days. He's back now (hopefully for good so I took the "hide" off.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Personally, I go through my friends list from time to time and delete off people that I haven't heard from in a while. Sometimes, i will send them a message first to check in on them. If there is no response, I delete them off my list.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I had no clue you could hide comments? That would have been nice to know!! I have had to delete friends that either swear in their comments or have friends that swear in their comments because my nosey butt daughter is constantly checking out my page!! She would give me the hardest time about it!! I always felt bad doing this because I'm not sure if there is a message sent to them once you delete them or not.

I will now be looking into the hide feature - I would rather just hide their comments from her little eyes than delete someone that I could be supporting & vice versa!!
  • luvmy3kidz
    Options
    I think it's all a matter of how public or private you want your journey to be. You can maintain a sense of community just by posting to the message boards. Really... who are you offending by deleting anyone?

I don't quite understand the purpose to friending here, so admittedly I may not be the best person to ask.

You should feel good about the select people you have as apart of your journey. This is quite an undertaking for us all and positive, dependable people are what we all need.

This is your space to own and manage in a way that is guilt and anxiety free.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ty every1 for ur input!! :flowerforyou:

i've decided 2 hide comments (didn't know u could do that lol). & i'll send ppl messages when they've hit the 6month mark & 1 yr mark. if i've friended so many ppl that i can't friend anymore then i'll start the deletin process but not until i've sent them a final message. :frown:

ty every1!!! u've really helped! :smile: