FINALLY GOT IT THROUGH MY THICK SKULL!

Options
I will lose weight if i just count calories. I have been obsessing lately about what diet to use, what exercise to do, etc. I have burned myself out and gained back 15 pounds of what i lost originally in the process!!

So here it is. I know by weighing twice a week what amount of calories are effective to me. Sticking with what MFP tells me to eat is the key. Right now, that is 1340 calories a day. I am not "watching" what I eat. I am ONLY watching calories. As a matter of fact, I have not been able to exercise because of school starting back/work schedule issues and have lost 4.4 pounds this week by just monitoring my intake.

I feel such a sense of relief that it is just this easy. I can only imagine how much easier it will be when I start working out again.

Looking forward to thin....

Replies

• mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I just expeirenced this too! Just how powerful it is to watch your calorie intake :) Over the holidays I took a break from consistent/daily exercise which I had been doing for over a month. Well I was so surprised and happy to see that I had lost 3lbs in those 2 weeks, by just keeping in my calorie range :) I'm just getting back into my workouts today, but I'm super happy that I've had the realization (similar to yours) that I don't have to gain weight and throw in the bag if I stop exercising. Or feel disappointed in myself :)

Thanks for sharing your story! :) Congrats!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    YUP! Its a lifestyle change; portion control and all that good stuff we so easily lose control over. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats!

I've been doing the calorie counting for a little over a week, but I haven't really lost much yet. Hopefully I'll have more success with it soon.
  • fattydarren
    Options
    i totally agree, just counting the calories is working for me, i do NO EXERCISE... I simply cant be bothered, and Im not going to lie about it... but yet im losing weight at 1900 calories per day...

The difference now is that im paying attention to what I am eating because now I have an idea of how much ive used in a day.... you dont realise what uve consumed until you add it all up, my first day of counting (i did it in the evening of that day) and I had consumed TWICE my daily recommended calorie intake, and I hadnt ate that much that day, it was just ALL the wrong stuff...

Now I avoid chocolate like the plague (with the exception of my treat 99 calorie choc bars - Blue Ribbon/2 finger kitkat), and takeaway such as McDonalds etc, and now im trying to drink more water... and I can feel the benefits after less than 2 weeks, so much more energy....

So even if your a bit lazy like me, you can still lose weight!!!