Off topic: I need input from people who have never seen a be

Options
Ok, basically, I want my show to be more enjoyable for non bellydance-fanatic audiences, and it's hard for me to step back and look at the show from that perspective. Sooooo:

If a show were going on at some local venue, and a friend asked you to go with her, what would you expect? What would be really cool?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Elaborate Costume..lots of jingles on the belt...moves I cant do myself and a sword or fire LOL
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    A lesson.

Find the people that don't seem that enthralled and get them involved - give them a little lesson (more than just A move or two but maybe a mini-routine to take home) - men and women alike.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Beautiful costumes and make-up! :)
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My mom, when we were little, took belly dancing lessons. The coolest thing I ever saw was a woman who could balance a sword or a glass of wine on her abdomen while rolling her abs from top to bottom. It was a trip!
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love performances and shows, but I've never seen a bellydancing one myself (more into burlseque). However, I think that I'd like to see lots of hip shaking, with a jingly costume of sorts, a nice set of arm movements (like pretty ones, can't really explain; just try not to have the arms in one position the whole time), and definitely a connection to the audience. If I feel like she's looking at me, even for a split second, I'm sure to think the show is great :)

Good luck & have fun!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    A lesson.

Find the people that don't seem that enthralled and get them involved - give them a little lesson (more than just A move or two but maybe a mini-routine to take home) - men and women alike.

GREAT idea! That would be so much fun!