Any weight loss book suggestions??

Options
Hi, I have lost weight in the past using this site after my 4th child, and now I am back after my 5th losing it again! (I don't have any will power during pregnancy or nursing!)

I am well on my way, learning again to eat when hungry, to say no to sweets, (I am still in my "no sweets" rule until I get a little more willpower back), and really enjoying working out.

Does anyone have a book that just really helped them make this a permanent lifestyle change? That just is inspiring and motivating? Something that goes in accordance to the fitnesspal frame of mind?

Replies

• camapear
    Options
    One book that I like which isn't necessarily a weight loss book but a better you overall is "Change your Brain, Change your Body" by Dr. Daniel Amen. It is so great and very very informative.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I like The Spark, the New Rules of lifting for Women & Half Assed :)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    The only one that explained it all to me: Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle by Tom Venuto. Many posters on here have either cited it as well or they have said ditto when I did. It's working. Lost 3 pounds already and I just joined on 1/3/11. Good Luck.
  • ClaudiaHong
    Options
    Best holistic book I've read is Burn the Fat , Feed the muscle by Tom Venuto. Heaps of reviews available e.g

http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/burn-the-fat-feed-the-muscle-complete-review.html
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yes!! After a year of being stalled about 20-25 pounds down, I went to counseling to try to get my head together for the rest of this journey. In addition to all the good things I learned about myself in counseling, my counselor had me work through a book called "The Beck Diet Solution" by Judith Beck. It's the kind of book where you read a section every day and work through little "assignments" along the way. It has really helped me to keep my mind where it needs to be to make this a lifestyle instead of a diet. I highly recommend it.