Looking for a treadmill...

Options
Up here in Canada we have a whole ton of sales on treadmills happening right now. My home gym currently includes a very beat up Health Rider elliptical but I'd like to add a treadmill also...

We need one with a pretty high weight allowance (at least 300 pounds).

I intend to run on this. I'm about 6' tall and have very big (size 14) feet, so the narrower/shorter ones are all out.

I don't really care about folding all that much, it would simply be a bonus.

So, to summarize, I need a durable treadmill, that goes at LEAST 10mph and can take the beating from running. Long warranty is good too.

I was thinking about something in the Horizon CT series but it's hard to find decent reviews that aren't obviously just from the company, they must be pretty new or something. I'd love something like a NordicTrack Commercial 1500, but those are 1299 even on sale, and I'd prefer to spend as little as possible, so consider that my upper end price range.

Thanks!

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Norditrack is good but I read their customer service is horrible and warranty help..might wanna research that before you buy as well
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    I just bought a 3yr old used Nordic Track A2350 for $350 in Minnesota. I know you're looking for new, but I'd thought I'd let you know I'm really happy with mine. It's got at least a 300# wt capacity, goes up to 12 mph, 10 incline, lots of ipod and training programs I haven't figured out yet, and it survived the previous owner's Army fit test training if that gives you an indication of it's strength. Good luck!
  • nightbird1103
    nightbird1103 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There's a good forum on runnersworld.com about treadmills. I'd suggest looking on craigslist for a good used treadmill. The general consensus when I was inquiring is that it's better to invest in a high quality used mill than a new one of lesser quality. We have True treadmills in our fitness center at work and they're great- really my favorite so far, but that may be because I run on them most and I'm used to them. I also work p/t at a gym and they have Matrix- they're decent but I prefer the True to them. Cybex are really nice and there's a model with a Decline feature which is awesome. Take a look at that forum and you'll get good recommendations.

Best to you!