Calories

Options
How many calories is to many or to few? I just noticed on MFP that I have only been eating about 300-500 Calories a day, I am not hungry but im not stuffed I am satisfied! Will this put me into starvation mode? PLEASE HELP ME!

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    starvation mode takes time ...but you will stall on weight loss and get discouraged fast you really need to eat at least the minimum so grab those nuts and veggies and eat up ...
  • KatCameron88
    KatCameron88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes that amount will harm your body. The average female human should be eating 1200 a day at the very, very least. Any less than that will cause a significant amount of damage to your body. Exceptions to this rule is if you're doctor says otherwise.
  • mollymoo89
    Options
    1200 calories is the minimum, anything less will put your body in starvation mode.
  • rock810
    rock810 Posts: 17
    Options
    You want at least 1,000 a day just for your body to operate normally. If you are not doing that your body will start eating muscle which will make it seem like you are losing weight. Try and plan out your meals including the times of when you eat.
  • kgarvey66
    Options
    Go onto Korr Solutions its on this website it gives you alot of info about skipping meals eating the right amount or not eating enough could be bad. and 7 things to boost you metabolic rate , it might be helpful.. Kat
  • OurFamily2010
    Options
    Thank You, Will do! :happy: Tiffany
  • OurFamily2010
    Options
    Thank You everyone. I raised my calories to 1000 which is hard to do when ur not use to eating and have no clue what to eat:embarassed: