JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (May26th-June1st)

kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
Good morning fellow challengers! Sorry about the day-late post (I looked and didn't see that anyone had started one yesterday). I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend! I normally have been weighing in on Tuesdays but with the weekend, I decided to wait until tomorrow. So...I will post tomorrow.

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Good morning fellow challengers! Sorry about the day-late post (I looked and didn't see that anyone had started one yesterday). I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend! I normally have been weighing in on Tuesdays but with the weekend, I decided to wait until tomorrow. So...I will post tomorrow.

*Kistinbee*
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    I had a pretty good week. 2x lower body workouts 1x upper body, 3 cardio days, throw in an hour or so of yoga (2x 30 mins) and im down to 241. That 4 lbs down and 1 to go to reach my goal.

Unfortunately my body fat is not going down fast enough so i will either have to increase my cals to try to increase my muscle mass faster or just go down another 10lbs first.

I'll put up new progress pics next week to see if i can spot some differences.

Started weight loss Jan 08 @ 268
    Started MFP Feb 08 @ 262
    last week @ 245.4
    this week @241
    Goal 240?
  • Hello. Well this week was good.

Start: 195
    Last week: 178
    This week: 177

Getting there!! 15 pounds to go:smile:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Congrats Tim for being close to your goal. What are you using to measure your body fat?
    Nicole you are over halfway there! Yeah!!

I had the in-laws all weekend so I am going to wait and weigh in later this week. I didn't do to bad food wise, but didn't have much exercise time. I'm going to hit the gym tonight.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend that wasn't completely rain soaked like mine...
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Ugh! This ended up being a bad week for me, but I have no idea why! I worked out a little less than usual, but my eating was about the same. And yet, it is looking like I gained weight! :sad: I am going to give myself until tomorrow to weigh in, though, since I usually seem to retain water over the weekend. I guess my loss last week must have been a phantom effect of having been sick. :frown:

HOWEVER! I am walking in a 5K on Thursday, and in preparation I walked/jogged 3.25 miles on the treadmill tonight. I don't even know the last time I tried to run, and I really didn't think I could do it. But I did! I was able to jog half a mile at a time, twice (plus a little less on a third time), walking in between. I have some problems with my knee, so I have been leery of running, but I am really proud that I was able to do it at all. :smile:

Way to go, Tim and Nicole!!!
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Congrats Tim for being close to your goal. What are you using to measure your body fat?

At the moment i am using an average of two methods.

1 my scale which has both foot pad and hand grips (supposed to be accurate?)
    2 tape method (military method)

I am getting a little frustrated with my scale it seems to be moving down to slowly or not at all while the tape method keeps going down every week due to less weight or smaller waist or both.

Right now its about 8% points different. when i started using both it was like 3 or 4.

ill just keep going see what happens.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    I am happy to say that I stayed the same over the weekend and lost almost 2 lbs in the last week. I was retaining water last week so that probably accounts for the big loss so close to my goal. I feel like I ate a ton over the weekend (I know I did for breakfast Monday:tongue: ), but I just think my metabolism is higher from the extra strength training and toning so I upped my calories again. We bought a caliper for measuring body fat. Haven't used it yet to see how accurate it is. My bf was professionally tested last fall so he knows his fat is 7% - (jerk).

Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
    Last week - 146
    Today - 144.2
    Goal - 140

Have fun on the 5k cp! I think I will run one in September...
    I am out of town for the next 2 weeks but should hopefully have internet access from my room so I will try to check in regularly. Hope everyone's summer is starting off well!:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    I guess I forgot to check in yesterday after I weighed in. Alas, I was right - I did gain a pound this week. But, I was up almost 3 pounds over the weekend - so I guess I'll take it.

Start of MFP: 210
    Start of JGC (2/12 for me): 194.8
    Last weigh-in (5/20): 173.8
    Current weight: 174.8
    July Goal: 165

It's a new week, and I have an awesome new water bottle, so I will just keep on keepin' on. Hope you all have a great week! :smile: