Does anyone Juice??

sweetsexy43
sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
Im looking for a few good recipies...im going to start juicing. Im looking for one that is a cleanser / Fat Burner..also one that will put the nutrients back into your body and give you energy. Please help!! :drinker:

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Yea, I pump roidzzz...

Just kidding.

Juicing is great but I tend to eat all of the things anyway. So hopefully someone else can help.
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    I don't have a juicer, but have been to a juicing party (more like a class) and loved it! We did Kale (sp?), strawberries, sprouts. I don't have any exact recipes... but a lot of them I'm sure are found just by experimenting! Beats are supposed to be very detoxifying, but I think those would go over better in a food processor, rather than a juicer.

Great topic, and... bump.

:)
  • if you study what's in your food and why you need it, you'll be more apt to stick with it. What I need isn't necessarily what you need. I have a hyper sensitive system and can't stomach meds or supplements. I get my nutrition from my food. Check out this cool site that will help you on your juicing journey!

http://www.dole.com/NutritionInstituteLanding/Foodfacts/tabid/998/Default.aspx

you may also like to know that the owner of Dole, David Murdock, is staying fit by juicing. This is actually what got me turned onto it and I love it!

http://www.oprah.com/health/David-Murdocks-Diet-and-Fitness-Routine-Video

Have fun!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Yea, I pump roidzzz...

Just kidding.

Juicing is great but I tend to eat all of the things anyway. So hopefully someone else can help.

That this was bb.com for a sec :P

I have a juicer, I've used it once. It is an absolute pain to clean!
  • i wash mine almost everyday. you'll get used to it. Well, i have a jack la lanne but hope my next one will be a Champion! it's not fun and there's some effort that has to go into it. Geez we're lazy people. :O)
  • I juice! My current favourite recipe is carrots, celery and pineapple (for the sweetness). You can also try apple, beetroot & carrot. Be wary of celery leaves- they're incredibly bitter!
    Green leaves are the healthiest thing you can possibly consume, so try those out. Also look into green smoothies - they're amazing!
  • onvacation
    onvacation Posts: 24 Member
    I have some green juice everyday as a mid morning snack - I make it with kale, celery, cucumber, apple, ginger and lemon. I also make green smoothies in the blender with almond milk, protein powder, frozen berries, frozen banana and spinach. Both are very good! Give them a try!
    Kim
  • sweetsexy43
    Thanks everyone for your responses.!! I will look into it
  • sweetsexy43
    Thank you very much..i will look at the websites you suggested. Enjoy!
  • I make a green juice in the a.m. it's my source of vitamins:

cucumber
    celery
    parsley
    spinach
    broccoli
    carrot
    red bell pepper
    apple for sweetness and should be the only fruit added w/vegetables & don't juice the seeds, they have arsenic and people have died from poisoning.

I've also added a slice of ginger which counters and gas from broccoli, but the broccoli doesn't seem to bother me.
    On occasion I've also juiced beets in my juice to build up my iron.
  • looking for energy?

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/vitamins.htm

I take a tbs of brewer's yeast a day.
This discussion has been closed.