Focus on health FIRST, weight second.

Options
2»

Replies

• MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Not only is it 'not as bad as people make it out to be', studies have recently shown that a little caffiene each day is GOOD for you. Black coffee or tea (no added sugar) are great. Dark chocolate is also good.

Just for the record, I wasn't saying caffeine is bad - just that it isn't hydrating. I drink coffee and tea and love dark chocolate if I can find it without milk products (I'm allergic), but I don't track caffeinated beverages as water intake.

Obviously it doesn't hurt to not track them as water intake, but my post (what MercuryBlue quoted) was explaining that you could track them as water intake and it would be okay (assuming you're not drinking a ton of caffeinated beverages a day). To say that they're not hydrating isn't accurate. I guess it's better to not count it and have some extra water if you're worried about it, but I have no problem counting the 1 cup of coffee and 2 cups of green tea that I had today as water.

I agree, you can track them as water intake. If I'm remembering correctly, you track about half of what you drink in order to 'counter' the diuretic effect of the caffiene. So if, for example, you drink two cups of green tea then you count it as one cup of water.

I'm pretty sure that's what I was doing before. To be honest, I'm back after almost a year's vacation to get rid of that pesky last little bit of weight, and I'm having to re-learn some of the things I forgot. :)